Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Funeral of Queen Elizabeth II : Disruption to BA operations on and around Mon 19 Sep

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2022, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: allturnleft
BA’s known cancelled flights on Monday Sept 19th are listed below.
Adding this to the Wiki will allow others to update and add Sunday 18th & Tuesday 20th cancellations.
Please note night stop flights at outstations on Sunday 18th and Monday 19th will be impacted resulting in cancellations on Sunday night, Monday morning and Tuesday morning.

Domestic
BA1314 LHR - ABZ
BA1458 LHR - EDI
BA1482 LHR - GLA

BA1315 ABZ - LHR
BA1465 EDI - LHR
BA1487 GLA - LHR

CTA:
BA832 LHR - DUB
BA824 LHR - DUB
BA2774 LHR - JER
BA2778 LHR - JER

BA833 DUB - LHR
BA823 DUB - LHR
BA2767 JER - LHR
BA2775 JER - LHR

Europe:
BA454 LHR - AGP
BA428 LHR - AMS
BA434 LHR - AMS
BA440 LHR - AMS
BA442 LHR - AMS
BA786 LHR - ARN
BA476 LHR - BCN
BA486 LHR - BCN
BA986 LHR - BER
BA754 LHR - BSL
BA322 LHR - CDG
BA838 LHR - CPH
BA552 LHR - FCO
BA554 LHR - FCO
BA914 LHR - FRA
BA734 LHR - GVA
BA736 LHR - GVA
BA738 LHR - GVA
BA2726 LHR - IBZ
BA362 LHR - LYS
BA460 LHR - MAD
BA464 LHR - MAD
BA584 LHR - MXP
BA568 LHR - MXP
BA582 LHR - MXP
BA2610 LHR - NAP
BA346 LHR - NCE
BA348 LHR - NCE
BA352 LHR - NCE
BA2782 LHR - OPO
BA496 LHR - PMI
BA450 LHR - PMI
BA376 LHR -TLS
BA524 LHR - VCE
BA596 LHR - VCE
BA878 LHR - WAW
BA714 LHR - ZRH

BA455 AGP - LHR
BA429 AMS - LHR
BA435 AMS - LHR
BA441 AMS - LHR
BA443 AMS - LHR
BA771 ARN - LHR
BA483 BCN - LHR
BA487 BCN - LHR
BA987 BER - LHR
BA755 BSL - LHR
BA327 CDG - LHR
BA839 CPH - LHR
BA553 FCO - LHR
BA555 FCO - LHR
BA915 FRA - LHR
BA723 GVA - LHR
BA735 GVA - LHR
BA737 GVA - LHR
BA2727 IBZ - LHR
BA363 LYS - LHR
BA461 MAD - LHR
BA465 MAD - LHR
BA583 MXP - LHR
BA585 MXP - LHR
BA569 MXP - LHR
BA2611 NAP - LHR
BA341 NCE - LHR
BA347 NCE - LHR
BA349 NCE - LHR
BA2783 OPO - LHR
BA497 PMI - LHR
BA451 PMI - LHR
BA377 TLS - LHR
BA525 VCE - LHR
BA597 VCE - LHR
BA879 WAW - LHR
BA715 ZRH - LHR

Please update as more information becomes known

Sun 18
BA8757 BHD-LCY
Print Wikipost

Funeral of Queen Elizabeth II : Disruption to BA operations on and around Mon 19 Sep

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2022, 10:26 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by the810
Almost as embarrassing as being unable to tell the difference between its and it's
​​​
Auto-correct is not my friend at times!

M
ijgordon, the810 and crazy8534 like this.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 11:03 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Almost as embarrassing as being unable to tell the difference between its and it's
​​​
Touche! Sorry, I am unembarrassed at not knowing how to do an accent aigu on a UK keyboard. Indeed, I would be amazed if Macron did not fly.

My thought are that this is probably the last time in my lifetime that there will ever be a great outpouring of emotion in the country that for many years I called home. That there may be delays and cancellations would not surprise me. I do not happen to be travelling but for once this is totally justifiable. I have never known any other Monarch but Her. She always was there. We all knew that this would happen, but none the less the reality had hit many. We have got so used to everything that we never contemplated the impact that the change would have. I am not a fervent monarchist or royalist, but she somehow was different - indeed I had met her on several occasions. This does change one's perspective especially with someone who occupies a very unique role

I have read with pleasure that the majority of people regard disruptions as am inconvenience to the point of being a bore, but are resigned to the fact. The fact is that suddenly the UK has changed Prime Minister and Head of State within hours. This takes a bit of digestion as well. As far as I am concerned, London should and will fall silent for those hours. It is respect not only for those who have left us but also for those in the crowds who wish to pay homage. It is not a time for aircraft to go screaming overhead, cars to be blowing horns (there will be no cars for miles around I should think). Thus BA will be the most impacted as they have the most landings and take-offs. I am sorry for those of you who will be caught in this but there it is. This is a one-off as I suspect that there will not be another ever as there are going to be changes.

What I can tell you from personal experience is that there are very experienced officers in Security who are being asked to return for consultation purposes. Security is the biggest headache with all these heads of state who as someone has said will not be flying aircraft into Heathrow. I would imagine that Farnborough, Biggin Hill, Stansted and Luton will be used. I would imagine that there will be a use of national carriers and some people might be turfed out of the F or J seats on security grounds - we will see.

All I can say is that I will be in front of the television if it is shown on Spanish TV (I imagine that Felipe VI and Queen Letizia will be attending). We will not witness its like again.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 11:26 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
​​​
Muphry's Law in action!
the810 and msm2000uk like this.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 11:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
TAll I can say is that I will be in front of the television if it is shown on Spanish TV (I imagine that Felipe VI and Queen Letizia will be attending). We will not witness its like again.
The BBC have been streaming on YouTube, so if Spanish TV does not show it, the BBC Will be available to all https://www.youtube.com/user/BBC
PUCCI GALORE and wrp96 like this.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 11:42 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by S_W_S
The BBC have been streaming on YouTube, so if Spanish TV does not show it, the BBC Will be available to all https://www.youtube.com/user/BBC
Good man! That is most useful and to others abroad. I would rather have a BBC commentary.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 1:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA: Silver,
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Britain does have its issues at the moment, but I'm sure the late Queen would appreciate me telling you that an adult unable to tell the difference between there & their is even more embarrassing

If I'm cancelled on Monday it'll be frustrating - but it'll be for a very good reason and I'll respect BA for doing so.

Safe travels

M
And we're back on my original point. IF BA is going to cancel flights on Monday, it will be totally expected - I was suspecting it, as I wrote my original post. If BA is going to cancel Monday flights, then... PLEASE MAKE THE DECISION NOW in order that I (we) can mitigate by some sensible planning, with plenty(ish) of time to make agreeable alternatives. Please don't drop it on me, on the day.
LETTERBOY and northinsouth like this.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 1:35 am

One of the the big headaches for Heathrow in particular will be flightpaths for Easterlies and Westerlies will be affected. Funeral at Westminster first of all and then internment at Windsor later. Usually with a Royal event it would be one but for the first time it will be both.

This is before the impact of staff struggling to get to work etc. I would imagine as it's a bank holiday that shorthauls certainly will take a hit as you would think there would be a reduction in business travel.

Am sure there will be a plan for this and as a one-off event that most Customers will be flexible to it.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 1:53 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by Cw novice
Am sure there will be a plan for this and as a one-off event that most Customers will be flexible to it.
All well and good having a plan but it's Thursday today and the Funeral is on Monday. It's time to let people know the plan so as they can plan too.....
LETTERBOY, wrp96, DaveNCL and 2 others like this.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 2:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA: Silver,
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
All well and good having a plan but it's Thursday today and the Funeral is on Monday. It's time to let people know the plan so as they can plan too.....
Thanks, Sunshinebob. Yes - tell us the plan! I have run through a couple of workable solutions (in my head) that would impact me the least, but they involve traveling earlier rather than later, which means that the announcement needs to be earlier than 'the day before'. As I said earlier, I am pretty flexible bringing my travel earlier, but I would really not want to be bounced to the Tuesday. Do it now, in order that we can make alternative arrangements!
LETTERBOY and SxMan like this.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 2:30 am

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
I'd imagine the difficulty is that BA simply don't have a plan yet.

They'll be reliant on other people for information, and perhaps it hasn't yet been shared.

What I will say though, is that EI have started offering people the chance to skip routing via LHR and fly directly from DUB to the USA - they have been advised to do so by BA and AA for those coming into the London region on Monday.

M
GUWonder, wrp96 and KARFA like this.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 2:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I would imagine things will come out today.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 3:19 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
In fact, NOTAM has been issued. Time UTC
alex67500 likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 3:40 am

Originally Posted by Heathrow Tower
In fact, NOTAM has been issued. Time UTC
So departures are on a 40% reduction all day, while arrivals will only be affected after the funeral.

I suppose there will be more news later today from the airline itself, once scheduling find a red pen with enough ink!

M
wrp96 likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 3:43 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I read it as 40% reduction in departures and arrivals only between 1345-2000 rather than anything applying all day.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 4:09 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
I read it as 40% reduction in departures and arrivals only between 1345-2000 rather than anything applying all day.
Well that's what I initially thought, but then figured I was being stupid.

Surely they won't want much noise during the funeral, opposed to simply when the coffin is being taken to its final resting place (after the funeral).

M

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.