Wiki Posts
Search

Partial Chaos T5

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2022, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Partial Chaos T5

A bit of a mess in T5 today. My wife is in a wheelchair and we waited 30 minutes at gate A7 for a wheelchair and assistance to arrive. Headed for Galleries South only to be told that the lounge was closed due to capacity levels. Told to head back to Galleries North! People leaving all the time but told we could not wait. I challenged this said that my wife needed to get a seat and that the person of staff on the wheelchair urgently was needed for other duties. Eventually member of staff denying entry threw a strop and marched off to get a Manager immediately after which everyone headed up the stairs and on the lifts only to be given entry!
Old Sep 7, 2022, 6:50 am

Looking at the lounge feed it looks like North and South are both rammed.
salut0 and SxMan like this.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by TheChangingMan
Looking at the lounge feed it looks like North and South are both rammed.
Wow, I thought it would be much quieter now the kids are back at school? Perplexing.

Looking at that lounge feed, T5B is the place to be!
Old Sep 7, 2022, 7:34 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by chriswiles
Wow, I thought it would be much quieter now the kids are back at school? Perplexing.

Looking at that lounge feed, T5B is the place to be!
Maybe just that travel is just (almost) back to pre-Covid levels, when the Club lounges were always rammed during the day.

And any drop due to the lowering of BA flights has obviously been made up with Iberia and AA flights now leaving from T5…
Old Sep 7, 2022, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by bafan
Maybe just that travel is just (almost) back to pre-Covid levels, when the Club lounges were always rammed during the day.

And any drop due to the lowering of BA flights has obviously been made up with Iberia and AA flights now leaving from T5…
And maybe longer connection times due to the short haul cancellations.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 8:13 am

Programs: BA Gold

I think IB and AA are back to T3
Old Sep 7, 2022, 8:47 am

Well, I'm off to Austin in November and New York/Boston in January. We work with a number of US companies. Only 1 responded they'd be up for meeting (in person). I genuinely do not think business people are travelling in the day like before the pandemic as so many employees are still either working remotely or simply do not fancy meeting in person like they once did. It's less of 'a thing' now particularly in the US.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 10:54 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Business travel is kind of down and the people who do travel (whether for business or leisure) are leaving plenty of time in case of airport chaos and thus arriving hours earlier than they would have prepandemic.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 11:00 am

Programs: BAEC, VS Flying Club
Not really - there’s a not inconsiderable number of premium leisure passengers who wait until this week when the schools go back to get away who’ll spend longer than average enjoying the lounges.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 11:21 am

Programs: BA; IHG; LHW; Hilton
Originally Posted by GumshoeW12
enjoying the lounges.
Goodness – I’ve never really thought that a British Airways lounge was to be enjoyed. I think, endure is probably the word. If people are enjoying being in them so much – one wonders what their home life is like.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 11:25 am

Well, I'm off to Austin in November and New York/Boston in January. We work with a number of US companies. Only 1 responded they'd be up for meeting (in person). I genuinely do not think business people are travelling in the day like before the pandemic as so many employees are still either working remotely or simply do not fancy meeting in person like they once did. It's less of 'a thing' now particularly in the US.
My US-based company said employees are averaging only 1 day in office per week and they are hoping that they can increase that, perhaps over the next 6 months, but recognize it will never be “back to normal” for in-office or travel.
Betty Johnson likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 12:28 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
Business travel is kind of down and the people who do travel (whether for business or leisure) are leaving plenty of time in case of airport chaos and thus arriving hours earlier than they would have prepandemic.
Fair enough. But I’ve never travelled for business, and I was only thinking of leisure travellers like myself. And I flew at the end of last week, precisely because it was outside the school holiday period.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP/*wood Plat/Hilton Gold/Hyatt Discoverist
Employees in those cities do not want to go back to the office, so by meeting you at their office or another location, shifts the leverage from employee to employer/boss to bring that person back to the office so they are hiding behind Covid and work from home. That’s all. Those same people are leisurely traveling and visiting family and friends or they are visiting them…
skipness1E and becks1 like this.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 12:49 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
i took the HEX arriving around 4pm to LHR and the train and T5 were plenty abuzz to the point of being annoying. once i finally got upstairs, the entire zone by the F wing was barren as was the F wing itself. once thru the flounge was busier than i'd expected and looked like a storm had passed thru as i made my way to CCR.

last week of US holidays so wouldnt really expect much slow down until next week at the earliest.
becks1 likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 12:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by SxMan
Goodness – I’ve never really thought that a British Airways lounge was to be enjoyed. I think, endure is probably the word. If people are enjoying being in them so much – one wonders what their home life is like.
If you think the BA ones are dire, try some of the AA ones... .
camdentown, LCSinTexas and becks1 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.