Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Partial Chaos T5

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2022, 2:58 am

Not T5 related, but had a friend turn up at Bristol airport this morning to say she's never seen it so busy. Shockingly so.

I guess the weather doesn't help. She decided only yesterday to book a week away, so a lot of people look like they have decided with the foreseeable poor UK weather to get away ASAP.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 3:13 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by SxMan
Goodness – I’ve never really thought that a British Airways lounge was to be enjoyed. I think, endure is probably the word. If people are enjoying being in them so much – one wonders what their home life is like.
Yes, many people live in absolute squalor. I hear some don't even have butlers!!! The horror! *clutches pearls*
Old Sep 8, 2022, 4:40 am

Programs: OWS - AA Lifetime Platinum, BA nobody (blue)
Originally Posted by Schultzois
I just realised the answer to my question was answered 42 years ago in the song “I’m So Worried”
Off I go.
Thank you for putting that tune in my head all morning. !!

Modern technology !
Old Sep 8, 2022, 11:47 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by KARFA
This is actually one of the things being considered in the recent consultation about UK261 Proposed changes to EC261 - UK consultation

Worth nothing delay repay for trains can be payable for delays over 15 minutes, and with some operators (e.g. LNER) is paid automatically. Also worth noting the maximum you will get is the value of the ticket, so no getting £220 for your £50 HBO ticket
The sooner the better...stuck in JER Lounge awaiting the 1745 to LHR which is now estimating at 1930 !!!

For gods sake it only takes 30 mins to get across it's a complete joke. Hopefully I will make the 2200 to EDI .

Have had 5 San Miguel's in protest.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 12:12 pm

Programs: LH, BA, AA
I am so not looking forward to my flight next week with a connection at Heathrow … connection I understand still like a zoo and there is still no fast track.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 2:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
Originally Posted by TheChangingMan
This.

I find you learn more from chatting over coffee, nuance in expression and feedback from those not "on camera" than you ever can on Zoom.
...and more freedom to shamelessly gossip about those not present!
Old Sep 8, 2022, 7:55 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Butts
The sooner the better...stuck in JER Lounge awaiting the 1745 to LHR which is now estimating at 1930 !!!

For gods sake it only takes 30 mins to get across it's a complete joke. Hopefully I will make the 2200 to EDI .

Have had 5 San Miguel's in protest.
EDI Flight left an hour late as well so I made my connection. I could have had a little time in the Lounge had I known rather than nipping out for a fag and coming back in to find only two lanes open at security and no fast track.

Saving grace 800 Bensons arrived back in Edinburgh with me untouched by HMRC.
strowger and TheChangingMan like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.