Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Holiday with car

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2022, 1:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
I've used Avis Malta fairly recently ( last summer I believe ) .. and it was full to full as normal ( asking you to return empty in Malta would be pretty punitive as you're not going to use a full tank of fuel in Malta as you'll hardly be doing enough driving !) .. nothing particularly different about Avis in Malta in my experiences vs. anywhere else .. the cars tend to be pretty small, but you won't be driving far so doesn't much matter - and the traffic/parking is a bit chaotic so a small car helps !

The rental office is small ( the move to a new location in the parking garage instead of outside hasn't given them more space) .. and as always with an Avis booking coming off a BA flight make sure you get to the rental office fast since many other passengers probably heading there off the same flight !
Old Sep 7, 2022, 2:26 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by passy777
Enjoy your trip and I would definitely try getting into pole position when getting off the aircraft to get ahead of others who may be going to the rental office. Incidentally, Budget and Avis use the same facility.
Originally Posted by EvilDoctorK
The rental office is small ( the move to a new location in the parking garage instead of outside hasn't given them more space) .. and as always with an Avis booking coming off a BA flight make sure you get to the rental office fast since many other passengers probably heading there off the same flight !
Thanks all.

Reliant on a wheelchair, so may well not be first there.

I do have status, but I guess this doesn't mean a lot in Malta. But hopefully a car will be reserved.

Not having a car for 5 nights is not the end of the world however.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.