Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Exciting opportunity to join BA

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2022, 7:08 am

Programs: BAEC
I have no doubt that most people in the job market are capable of reading these descriptions of job opportunities and making the decision whether to apply or not. In the selection process which is 2 way, they will doubtless decide whether it is for them or not.
I do have some sympathy with the comments that the JD is woolly. It certainly is and I’m sure wastes a lot of time on both sides but it has been like that for many years in most industries. I’ve been sent JDs from agents that I simply can’t fathom. Are they taking about skills I have? What exactly is the role and day to day responsibilities? It doesn’t help that on further questioning the agent just repeats the buzz words in the ad and on probing really has no idea and hasn’t asked.
At least there is no agent involvement but BA’s internal recruiters seem to have all of the same skills!

It would certainly be interesting to find out who got the job eventually and their relevant qualifications and experience , what the job really encompasses and possibly the salary but of course we never will. Nor should we really.
HarryHolden68 likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 7:10 am

Emirates are on a big recruitment drive to hire UK staff at the moment. I keep hearing lots of ads on the radio for new crew.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 8:27 am

I see it is for an executive reporting to a manager. Surely it should be the other way around? After all, it takes quite a time to get the key to the executive toilets doesn't it!
Old Sep 6, 2022, 8:28 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Build a better BA - Sounds too much like a Boris slogan 🙄
LCY8737 likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 8:37 am

Band 3 is graduate entry pay so it isn’t much at all. Everyone is an executive these days aren’t they? A shiny name badge and role title always makes up for a pittance in salary. It says so in ‘managers vs executives 101 for dummies’. Hardback and e-book versions are available.

Rumour has it that HAL once wanted to re title/designate/whatever the trolley pushers as ‘TREEs’, Trolley Recovery Engineering Executives, whilst simultaneously re arranging their shift patterns to make them work harder with less time off for the same pay. Genius.
nancypants likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 8:42 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
Build a better BA - Sounds too much like a Boris slogan 🙄
I was thinking just that. Levelling up BA? 😊
Tiger_lily likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 8:46 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Originally Posted by Raffles
I'd like to nominate the young woman who served me on my CE Gatwick flight last night, who was insistent that she bring me ice for my champagne, even after I pointed out - as an attempt to put her off - that the ice cubes wouldn't even fit in the tiny BA champagne glasses.

Kid was so young I doubt anyone has ever given her a glass of champagne, she potentially wasn't even legally old enough to drink one.
In all fairness, the ice would likely have improved your experience. I don't like champagne at the best of times, but castleno and henrinot are certainly not going to pass my lips.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 8:56 am

del .

Last edited by 13901; Sep 6, 2022 at 9:47 am
Old Sep 6, 2022, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by Greenpen
I see it is for an executive reporting to a manager. Surely it should be the other way around? After all, it takes quite a time to get the key to the executive toilets doesn't it!
Modern business practice is to give everyone a fancy sounding job title with a few buzzwords like executive in there to make everyone feel special
choosethedrew likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 9:08 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by LCY8737
I was thinking just that. Levelling up BA? 😊
His copywriter clearly jumped and found another role immediately
Old Sep 6, 2022, 9:30 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Has this post been started by someone from BA’s recruitment team? I know that they’re struggling to fill roles, but are they now posting about exciting opportunities to join BA on Flyertalk?

With no disrespect intended to the people still there, I’m sure that there’s some great talent within it, but certainly before I left BA, it had some of the least dynamic people working at BA in it, who already worked for a company that could turn things around about as quickly as an oil tanker. No sour grapes, just my experience. There are many wonderful colleagues across BA who are safety focused, customer centric and a real joy to have as a colleague, but not many of them are in Waterside.

If it takes nearly a decade to roll out a new style of teapot, and then you give out an award to the person that spent the last decade working on that as their main project, it should hopefully give an idea about how exciting and dynamic it is as a department.

Last edited by Lite; Sep 6, 2022 at 9:31 am Reason: Spelling whilst using a mobile phone
Old Sep 6, 2022, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lite
Has this post been started by someone from BA’s recruitment team? I know that they’re struggling to fill roles, but are they now posting about exciting opportunities to join BA on Flyertalk?
I can assure you I have never worked for BA and have no intention in applying for this exciting opportunity either!
Old Sep 6, 2022, 3:33 pm

It looks like a Product Owner role. BA are obviously trying to align their IT (!) improvement programme (!!) with agile delivery (!!!). They’re employing Product Owners and Business Partners whose jobs it will be to improve and develop “stuff and things” within BA. So they’ll sit there trying to plait fog for 8 to 10 months until they’re enhanced away in another cost cutting exercise.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 4:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue (back to Earth)
If BA have embraced Agile then that would explain the ongoing omnishambles. It's fine for software dev but outside that, it's very culty and divorced from day to day.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 4:19 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by Jimbojumbo
It looks like a Product Owner role. BA are obviously trying to align their IT (!) improvement programme (!!) with agile delivery (!!!). They’re employing Product Owners and Business Partners whose jobs it will be to improve and develop “stuff and things” within BA. So they’ll sit there trying to plait fog for 8 to 10 months until they’re enhanced away in another cost cutting exercise.
Oh s***t. the last thing BA need is to employ more IT methodology (!!!!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.