Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A beginner's endeavour to BA Gold

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2022, 6:20 am
Original Poster

A beginner's endeavour to BA Gold

Aiming to achieve BA Gold by hitting the reduced 1125 Tier Points before end of the year.

1. MAD-LHR-HEL-DEL (Return on Business) - 520 TP
2. MAD - MRS (Return on Business) - 80 TP
3. LIS-HEL-DEL (Return on Business) - 560 PT

Since I am relatively new to all of this, I just wanted to confirm that the above calculation is indeed correct.

Leaving from Lisbon (itinerary 3) is a bit of a pain since it requires spending two nights in HEL (one each way). The ideal option is to depart from MAD (though this would only net 360 TP - 165 TP short for Gold).

Any suggestion on how I can obtain these 165 TP (flying from MAD) and avoid the pain of leaving from Lisbon/spending 2 nights in Helsinki?

Thanks!
Old Sep 3, 2022, 6:32 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by amrit1982
Aiming to achieve BA Gold by hitting the reduced 1125 Tier Points before end of the year.

1. MAD-LHR-HEL-DEL (Return on Business) - 520 TP
2. MAD - MRS (Return on Business) - 80 TP
3. LIS-HEL-DEL (Return on Business) - 560 PT

Since I am relatively new to all of this, I just wanted to confirm that the above calculation is indeed correct.

Leaving from Lisbon (itinerary 3) is a bit of a pain since it requires spending two nights in HEL (one each way). The ideal option is to depart from MAD (though this would only net 360 TP - 165 TP short for Gold).

Any suggestion on how I can obtain these 165 TP (flying from MAD) and avoid the pain of leaving from Lisbon/spending 2 nights in Helsinki?

Thanks!
TP calculations looks correct.
Have you tried searching AGP-HEL for the 3rd itinerary - same TPs and possibly easier for you to position and might get better timings. Helsinki is a nice place to spend two nights though and the airport I think is great.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 6:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by danmushman;[url=tel:34568788
34568788[/url]]TP calculations looks correct.
Have you tried searching AGP-HEL for the 3rd itinerary - same TPs and possibly easier for you to position and might get better timings. Helsinki is a nice place to spend two nights though and the airport I think is great.
Yep - tried AGP but its pricier than LIS (and surprisingly more of a pain to get to)
Old Sep 3, 2022, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by danmushman
TP calculations looks correct.
worst also in terms of timings since flight gets into HEL early morning - i recall a 8-10 hour layover when i searched earlier today

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.