Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Rumour - Concorde Room name to go due to rebranding

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2022, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club

Rumour alert here - but sharing it.

Speaking to staff at JFK,they have said CCR name will go as its seen by BA as 'too old' and the Concorde Generation aren't really their market according to market research.

Likely there will not be a CCR branded room in T8 but something else instead. Seems a shame to scrap a strong brand name, but what do I know!

Again, I stress this is a rumour only!
psusaver, SxMan and rt23456p like this.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 5:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Maybe it should be called the First lounge and the current First Lounge be renamed more appropriately the Gold Lounge. I always smile and occasionally intervene when I see passengers in GF who have a flight in First but who have not realised the Gold wing does not take them to the Concorde lounge.
seanp7, unityofsaints, LPQ and 4 others like this.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 5:50 am

Well in T8 there was never going to be a CCR or any specific BA lounge as such anyway. It was always going to be some form of combined AA/BA (potentially “oneworld” branded?) lounge. Of course whether that broadly translates to CCR naming going in London would be interesting.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 5:52 am

Programs: BAEC
Yes this always seemed likely to me with the move to T8. Kind of assume there will be a Business lounge, a First lounge (for BA Gold et al) and then a CCR equivalent for First class plus GGLs and CKs.

Presumably the CCR at LHR will stay.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 5:56 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Yup, makes total sense if sharing with AA. Nothing to do with it being ‘old’ as such, just it being nothing whatsoever to do with AA

It will be interesting to see how they manage the Galleries / Admiral’s Club (which deffo sounds old fashioned!) / Flagship thing though. You’d assume just Business and First to keep things obvious and simple.
rt23456p and BA850 like this.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 6:14 am

Considering, as of December, quite a lot of OW airlines will be departing out of T8, barring RAM and JL, I do wonder whether it’s the perfect location for a “oneworld” branded lounge that OW have been keen on opening since they announced it a few years ago? I know they planned on Moscow to be the first location but that plan’s gone a bit haywire to put it mildly, not withstanding S7’s “temporary suspension” from OW.

Without wishing to digress too much, where will AS be relocating to?
rt23456p likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 7:46 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Priviliged to have used the CCR in T7. Things change and no doubt what follows will be different.

BA presumably could pay to have a Concorde Room if they wanted one - just as they do with their own lounges elsewhere. I presume the model will be like QR’s First / Business lounges in Doha which are the OW lounges then the Al Mourjan and Al Safwa lounges.

I thought LAX had some kind of OW J lounge or am I dreaming - I am sure I’ve been in it.

Could be the Kennedy Lounge / Manhattan Room for OW ticketed F pax only etc.
becks1 and rt23456p like this.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 7:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
Yup, makes total sense if sharing with AA. Nothing to do with it being ‘old’ as such, just it being nothing whatsoever to do with AA

It will be interesting to see how they manage the Galleries / Admiral’s Club (which deffo sounds old fashioned!) / Flagship thing though. You’d assume just Business and First to keep things obvious and simple.
It may prove more complicated than that, as Galleries/Admiral’s Club are not truly equivalent. In the latter, house wines and beers are free, while premium drinks must be purchased. That isn’t the case in Galleries and wouldn’t be acceptable for international J (probably why AA intl. J pax have access to Flagship at JFK as things stand).

Flagship is also (and I hope will remain) open to AA’s Transcon J and F pax.

So Flagship really should be the “base” product, perhaps with an additional annex for BA F.

That said; does anyone know if plans are afoot to expand Flagship, or construct an entirely new lounge complex? It felt a little crowded when I dropped in around a week ago during the evening rush - and that was with AA departures only - so overcrowding is a concern.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 8:13 am

Maybe with the closer ties with QR, it will be named Al Avios to complement Al Safwa, Al Mourjan, etc.

Then again, maybe not.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 8:34 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by AirbusA350
I do wonder whether it’s the perfect location for a “oneworld” branded lounge that OW have been keen on opening since they announced it a few years ago? I know they planned on Moscow to be the first location but that plan’s gone a bit haywire to put it mildly, not withstanding S7’s “temporary suspension” from OW.
Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
I thought LAX had some kind of OW J lounge or am I dreaming - I am sure I’ve been in it.
While both are operated by QF, the LAX J lounge is branded as a OW J lounge. The F lounge has QF branding.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 8:38 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
Originally Posted by IAMORGAN

You have done well to remove it from your conscious mind- it is not worth the effort to get there, even if you start in TBIT..
Old Sep 2, 2022, 8:50 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
If AA ever do get the supersonic jets they’ve reserved it could be the Overture Lounge

(chances about 1 in a million )
Old Sep 2, 2022, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by AirbusA350
Well in T8 there was never going to be a CCR or any specific BA lounge as such anyway. It was always going to be some form of combined AA/BA (potentially “oneworld” branded?) lounge. Of course whether that broadly translates to CCR naming going in London would be interesting.
well that’s the optimistic version. There is also a pessimistic one that we are stuck with the AA stuff as AA stuff and that as GGLs we just lose our jfk privilege. AA are not typically great at sharing. They are more often than not our way or the highway…
Markie likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 9:28 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by orbitmic
well that’s the optimistic version. There is also a pessimistic one that we are stuck with the AA stuff as AA stuff and that as GGLs we just lose our jfk privilege. AA are not typically great at sharing. They are more often than not our way or the highway…
i thought it was already confined there would be a new lounge within h catered for F, GGLs, and CKs?
Old Sep 2, 2022, 10:11 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by KARFA
i thought it was already confined there would be a new lounge within h catered for F, GGLs, and CKs?
Yes I thought the plan was a lounge for long-haul / transcon J + OWE/OWS, a lounge for Int F + GGL/CK and then an Admirals Club with entry as current.

With the above, it’s potentially Golds and non-F OWE who lose out compared to the current T7 set-up 😢.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.