Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Infant Seat 'Restricted by the Airport Team'

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2022, 8:25 am
A13
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver

I have a booking from LGW to Punta Cana for next year in Club.
Will be travelling with my 18 month old so looking to secure the 2 middle seats at the back of the cabin (4E/4F).
Secured these no problem on the outbound, but on the inbound 4E is blocked. Checked expert flyer at its blocked by the system, nobody is seated there yet.
Just chatted with BA online and have been told the following:

"Upon checking I found that the seat is restricted by the airport team and they are not allowing us to reserve it at the moment.
What best I can do is I can add the relevant remarks to the airport team and they will try to assign 4E at the time of check-in."

Any idea what thats all about? I've just selected 4D for now an hope it can get sorted by January. Weird.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by A13
I have a booking from LGW to Punta Cana for next year in Club.
Will be travelling with my 18 month old so looking to secure the 2 middle seats at the back of the cabin (4E/4F).
Secured these no problem on the outbound, but on the inbound 4E is blocked. Checked expert flyer at its blocked by the system, nobody is seated there yet.
Just chatted with BA online and have been told the following:

"Upon checking I found that the seat is restricted by the airport team and they are not allowing us to reserve it at the moment.
What best I can do is I can add the relevant remarks to the airport team and they will try to assign 4E at the time of check-in."

Any idea what thats all about? I've just selected 4D for now an hope it can get sorted by January. Weird.
Im making the assumption that this is a 2 4 2 configuration in the Club cabin youre looking at. Typically in DEFG seats both E and F are cot positions. If you are only travelling with one infant you can only book one cot position. You should be able to choose D and E or F and G though.
RockyRobin likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by Anonba
Im making the assumption that this is a 2 4 2 configuration in the Club cabin youre looking at. Typically in DEFG seats both E and F are cot positions. If you are only travelling with one infant you can only book one cot position. You should be able to choose D and E or F and G though.
The J cabin on LGW 772's have 1x Basinet position at seat 4E which I believe is the seat the OP is trying to secure as they have an infant. This being the seat which is greyed out to them. Could it be it's already assigned to another passenger with an infant?

A13 have you made sure you're assigning 4E to the adult who is assigned to the infant?
Anonba likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 9:11 am
A13
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
The J cabin on LGW 772's have 1x Basinet position at seat 4E which I believe is the seat the OP is trying to secure as they have an infant. This being the seat which is greyed out to them. Could it be it's already assigned to another passenger with an infant?

A13 have you made sure you're assigning 4E to the adult who is assigned to the infant?
yep, adult 2 has the infant. Weird.
according to expert flyer it’s blocked, not occupied.

Old Aug 29, 2022, 10:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I'm not sure that selecting 4D is such a good idea, in case 4E really is, or ends up being, occupied by a passenger who needs the bassinet. Why not choose 4G instead?
Old Aug 29, 2022, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by Misco60
I'm not sure that selecting 4D is such a good idea, in case 4E really is, or ends up being, occupied by a passenger who needs the bassinet. Why not choose 4G instead?
Op is travellint with an infant thats why they want to book it
Old Aug 29, 2022, 1:36 pm
A13
Original Poster

If i try and make a new booking with an infant the seat (4E) is available for selection.
Its obviously blocked for an infant booking but for some reason the system isn't recognising on my booking... for the inbound only.
Very strange. i'll call tomorrow and see if someone on the phone can sort..!
Old Aug 29, 2022, 1:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Anonba
Op is travellint with an infant thats why they want to book it
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something, but it seems that the OP wants to book 4E, can't get it and has instead booked the seats either side of it. If 4E does not become available then she is stuck in a seat separate from her partner.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 2:44 pm
A13
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Misco60
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something, but it seems that the OP wants to book 4E, can't get it and has instead booked the seats either side of it. If 4E does not become available then she is stuck in a seat separate from her partner.
temporary measure, just to stop a couple taking D/E before I can get it.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 4:50 am
A13
Original Poster

Originally Posted by A13
If i try and make a new booking with an infant the seat (4E) is available for selection.
Its obviously blocked for an infant booking but for some reason the system isn't recognising on my booking... for the inbound only.
Very strange. i'll call tomorrow and see if someone on the phone can sort..!
Just called. Very unhelpful 'computer says no' response from the agent. Urgh.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 4:59 am

Is this one of those flights that stops in ANU enroute to LGW? Could it be the seat is infact occupied by a passenger boarding at ANU?
Old Aug 30, 2022, 5:26 am
A13
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
Is this one of those flights that stops in ANU enroute to LGW? Could it be the seat is infact occupied by a passenger boarding at ANU?
No its direct, so not that.
Frustrating thing is if do a dummy booking with an infant the seat is open, it just wont recognise the infant attached to my booking. And only for the inbound leg, I've got the seat for the outbound.
Makes no sense. V frustrating.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 8:07 am
Suspended

This happened to me a few years ago. It is likely a result of the infant not being properly attached to the adult booking in the system. It was a PIA to sort out. Even T7 check in at JFK couldn't fix it and left us in a lunch until it was finally solved by the BA lounge agents about an hour before departure where we were rightfully placed back in 64AB (may the BA 747 RIP).

There are definitely not two bassinet positions at 4E and 4F. There simply is not room. Its always 4E. Some BA cabins have three across the back in old Club but the other two are on each side.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 8:20 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Does the INF turn two during the journey, and they're not an INF on the return? Probably not but thought I'd ask...

Othrwise, ask the BA agent to check if the 'SSR INFT' is entered for that segment. Usually is automatically added by Amadeus, but your PNR is a bit of a mystery!
Old Aug 31, 2022, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by A13
Just called. Very unhelpful 'computer says no' response from the agent. Urgh.
was it an agent in uk?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.