Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Rebooking cancelled connecting leg LHR-ARN-BKK – Avios booking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2022, 3:20 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

I have an Avios booking from LHR-BKK via ARN for January. First leg on BA followed by Finnair (AY).

The first leg was cancelled by BA but AY’s leg is still operational.

They have offered a connecting flight with a smaller connection time than I would be comfortable with at ARN. I had purposefully chosen the original departure connection to allow for any delays etc.

Besides rebooking into Avios space, which is nonexistent, do any EU261 rules kick in for when one leg is cancelled? Can they rebook into a cash ticketing code?

Appreciate anybody who may have experience and can help.

Cheers
Old Aug 27, 2022, 3:26 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by celsdon
Besides rebooking into Avios space, which is nonexistent, do any EU261 rules kick in for when one leg is cancelled? Can they rebook into a cash ticketing code?
There's no requirement for Avios space in this scenario, and the guidance is for a replacement flight within -3 days to +14 days. You have to respect Minimum Connection Time, 90 minutes, and vaguely you need to avoid a stay in ARN over 24 hours. So the usual advise here is to research your preferred option, then call up or use the Chat facility to rebook to your preferred options. Do the research and reflect carefully since you are only allowed a single change. You can also be rebooked via HEL, Qatar and the Lufthansa Group of airlines.
celsdon likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 3:34 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
You can change BOTH legs, not just the cancelled one, if you were worried about that.
celsdon likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 3:50 am
Original Poster

Great thanks corporate-wage-slave and wanderingjock - this is a one way award (the inbound was booked via AY+ via HEL which I am more confident about connecting through their main hub).

Will give that a go and report back after on success/outcome.
wanderingjock likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Just to update, I received cancellation notice from AY this morning of the ARN-BKK leg - not much of a surprise considering their announcement with Qatar for Doha flights.
Phoned BA up and had a very helpful agent who immediately checked the ticketing rules before booking us onto QR - positive result on our side!
Appreciate the help!
sammyg901 and ringingup like this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
You mean rebooked to LHR-DOH-BKK?
Rebooked to revenue or Avios?
Old Aug 29, 2022, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Sorry for not being clearer SK AAR .
BA rebooked to a Qatar Airways-operated LHR-DOH-BKK routing - the ticketing code is J, so assume it has been rebooked as a revenue fare . This seems to align with the rules that were in place following the continued suspension of BA's BKK route.
ChocolateFactory likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.