Avios booking refund question

Old Aug 20, 2022, 1:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Virgin Gold
Avios booking refund question

Hello

to cancel and get a refund of Avios and monies do you still need to call?

or will the voucher request screen online actually push that through?

thanks
Old Aug 20, 2022, 1:38 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by London21
Hello

to cancel and get a refund of Avios and monies do you still need to call?

or will the voucher request screen online actually push that through?

thanks
the FTV form will only do it if your booking is eligible for BWC, otherwise you have to call.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 1:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold | Hilton Honors Platinum
Still have to call, annoyingly, as online it defaults into a Voucher request interface (which if your flight is departing after September 30th 2022 your booking is not eligible for). However I did manage to get through to the Gold line in a record 4 minutes last week and they processed it all rapidly (Avios redeposit instant, refund to my Amex in 3 days).
Old Aug 20, 2022, 1:52 am

Live chat on website
Old Aug 20, 2022, 1:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by DrBenO
Still have to call, annoyingly, as online it defaults into a Voucher request interface (which if your flight is departing after September 30th 2022 your booking is not eligible for). However I did manage to get through to the Gold line in a record 4 minutes last week and they processed it all rapidly (Avios redeposit instant, refund to my Amex in 3 days).
I rang for the same reason at 8am a couple of weeks ago, and got through within a minute or so.

Was processed quickly and I received the avios and cash back promptly. Pity you have to call, but it is what it is.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 2:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Virgin Gold
Thank you all
Old Aug 20, 2022, 11:36 am
Suspended

I must have done the wrong thing. I applied for a voucher using the form but evidently I didn’t qualify so BA simply wrote to say they were refunding the points and cash and the now expiring 241 voucher.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 12:09 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Jean2019
I must have done the wrong thing. I applied for a voucher using the form but evidently I didnt qualify so BA simply wrote to say they were refunding the points and cash and the now expiring 241 voucher.
the form page says if it is a reward booking everything is refunded rather than getting a FTV.

if you didnt qualify for BWC you would have got an email to that effect.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.