Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Date of BA refunds

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2022, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Date of BA refunds

I have an Avios redemption, ticketed back in Feb 2022 that I may now need to cancel. Understand that BA will give full refund of Avios and cash paid for taxes and surcharges.

For the cash amount charged, is it posted back to my credit card with backdate to the original ticketing date (i.e. Feb 2022) or at current date when cancellation is triggered (i.e. Aug 2022)?

Reason for asking is, if posted with backdate, then it may screw up some credit card spend bonus for 1Q 2022 because it will plunge my total spending retroactively to below the bonus award threshold.

Can anyone who's cancelled a ticket please share your experience. Thanks.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
The posting date will be the actual refund date
Old Aug 20, 2022, 1:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
I have a flight that I might have to cancel. What was the cutoff date for cancellable bookings?
Old Aug 20, 2022, 1:41 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by srbrenna
I have a flight that I might have to cancel. What was the cutoff date for cancellable bookings?
If cancellation is part of the fare conditions, then usually you have to avoid being deemed a no-show. This happens an hour or so before departure. Some fare basis seems to imply this is pushed back to boarding gate closure, so 10 minutes or so before departure. Either way 24 hours beforehand would be safe, in case of some IT meltdown or similar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.