Water and crisps or water and crisps….

Old Aug 19, 22, 3:26 am
  #31  
formerly JackDann
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 985
Originally Posted by layz View Post
How so? A trolley has been mentioned as a fallback when WiFi isn't working.
Not always. None of the flights I have done this year without WiFi have had trolley service. (Probably about 10/10 Flights). It is completely incorrect to state that a trolley service is provided if there is no Wifi.
JD1905 is offline  
Old Aug 19, 22, 3:36 am
  #32  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mostly UK
Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Posts: 10,984
Originally Posted by JD1905 View Post
Not always. None of the flights I have done this year without WiFi have had trolley service. (Probably about 10/10 Flights). It is completely incorrect to state that a trolley service is provided if there is no Wifi.
What I'm saying is it's possible to do that if there's stock on board and the crew are willing. No WiFi doesn't have to mean no service from what I've read here.
Feed back to BA if you don't get anything offered, you might even get some Avios. If you don't feed back BA will just assume you're happy with the situation.
layz is offline  
Old Aug 19, 22, 3:41 am
  #33  
formerly JackDann
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 985
Originally Posted by layz View Post
What I'm saying is it's possible to do that if there's stock on board and the crew are willing. No WiFi doesn't have to mean no service from what I've read here.
Feed back to BA if you don't get anything offered, you might even get some Avios. If you don't feed back BA will just assume you're happy with the situation.

It's possible - yes. But again, stating that there is trolley service in the event of no wi-fi is not always the case and therefore an inaccurate statement.

I suppose the initial statement I disagree with stated that "I'm sure they CAN" provide a service. Which I guess may be true - but from experience is unlikely.
JD1905 is offline  
Old Aug 19, 22, 3:50 am
  #34  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mostly UK
Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Posts: 10,984
Originally Posted by JD1905 View Post
It's possible - yes. But again, stating that there is trolley service in the event of no wi-fi is not always the case and therefore an inaccurate statement.
I see your point now. What's possible and what actually happens are two different things. There's no technical reason why they can't serve you if the stock is loaded, that's why in my initial response to the OP I wanted to know what they said if they'd asked for something.

I imagine many are happy not to be pushing a trolley down the aisle selling stuff but would get something for you if asked. That assumes stock has been loaded of course.

Can I help you you mention some shorter routes are pre-order only, how short are these (LHR-AMS, LHR-NCL, LHR-MAN?) or is it crew discretion on the shorter routes?
layz is offline  
Old Aug 19, 22, 4:00 am
  #35  
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 234
Their sidekick BA City flyer certainly put them to shame on the catering front with what's on offer, particularly in Economy..

Come to think of it the seats are a lob better to on Embraer's.
Butts is offline  
Old Aug 19, 22, 4:02 am
  #36  
formerly JackDann
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 985
Originally Posted by layz View Post
Can I help you you mention some shorter routes are pre-order only, how short are these (LHR-AMS, LHR-NCL, LHR-MAN?) or is it crew discretion on the shorter routes?
Just on this point - all of the flights I mention where there has been no service have been between BHD/LHR
JD1905 is offline  
Old Aug 19, 22, 4:05 am
  #37  
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Posts: 55,890
i certainly agree that neither BA nor the staff prioritises this area of inflight sales, whereas for the LCCs it's a substantial part of their revenue stream. But an A319 flight is likely to be a no-wifi aircraft, it's reasonably easy to work out if your flight is an A319, so those in the know at least have the option of pre-ordering. What I've done on domestics is ordered say coffee and a chocolate bar, knowing that I'd probably always drink the coffee and if I don't at the time want the snack, I'll bag it for later. Both come to much less than the CE fare uplift. If one passengers gets coffee then others will ask.
fluffymitten likes this.
corporate-wage-slave is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread