Wiki Posts
Search

MCO missing bag advice

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2022, 3:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
MCO missing bag advice

Landed yesterday evening from LHR and only 1 of our two bags made it.

We filed a report with a uniformed operative at the carousel, which including our baggage tag, where we were staying and our phone number.

But we didn’t get that ‘missing report’ number, so without this we can’t use any of the tracking services. In fact, I don’t have a way of even proving I’ve reported the bag lost.

We connected from DUB with about 3h at LHR. Typically our one spare Air Tag was in the other bag.

Any advice other than to just hope for a phone call?
Old Aug 18, 2022, 3:41 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I take it you have tried the system using PNR and baggage tag ID?

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...issing-baggage

You could ring the baggage line to see if they can find your reference, see point 12 below. They should have given this to you in MCO, which was their mistake, but equally you should have asked for it. It's probably all ok, but I guess you'd prefer not have the nagging feeling that it's disconnected from your system record.

Disruption Assistance thread - signposts and what you need to know
Old Aug 18, 2022, 3:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
I don’t even know about the PNR and tag report page. Onto it now

Thanks
Old Aug 18, 2022, 3:54 am

The same thing happened to us in Phoenix. There was only one agent and she was overwhelmed so she gathered everyone’s forms and said she would input them on the system later. She did give us a piece of paper with the number 1-800-828-8144 on it. I think we were able to obtain our reference number by calling them the next day. You could try that.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by kingcole974
Landed yesterday evening from LHR and only 1 of our two bags made it.

We filed a report with a uniformed operative at the carousel, which including our baggage tag, where we were staying and our phone number.

But we didn’t get that ‘missing report’ number, so without this we can’t use any of the tracking services. In fact, I don’t have a way of even proving I’ve reported the bag lost.

We connected from DUB with about 3h at LHR. Typically our one spare Air Tag was in the other bag.

Any advice other than to just hope for a phone call?
This exact same thing happened to us (same route on the 11th this month). Although I had all the reference details (they came through by email), upon trying to use the details to check the status it never gave any details, so was fairly useless. It was only because I also had an AirTag in the bag that I knew the location. That said, AA Twitter team were fairly helpful confirming they were in London.

The missing bag took an extra day to get to LHR from DUB where it had initially not been loaded, then it sat at LHR for three days, then took a further two days to be delivered to us from MCO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.