Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA0406 LHR - BCN 17 Aug - cancelled?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2022, 7:59 am
Original Poster

BA0406 LHR - BCN 17 Aug - cancelled?

Sat on this plane, first we were delayed as the Iberia plane we supposed to be on went tech. Now sat on the tarmac as we apparently cant take off due to storms south of the airport.

flight stats is showing the flight as cancelled - does anyone know if that is correct or not?
Old Aug 17, 2022, 8:04 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
It is cancelled
Old Aug 17, 2022, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
It is cancelled
the captain made an announcement saying he knows its showing cancelled but thats not true…. Would they do that or just trying to placate us?
Old Aug 17, 2022, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by Clareym66
the captain made an announcement saying he knows its showing cancelled but thats not true…. Would they do that or just trying to placate us?
That is what it says on BA.com. This is LHR-BCN? There are vicious storms over France.
becks1 likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 8:22 am
Original Poster

That is what it says on BA.com. This is LHR-BCN? There are vicious storms over France.
Yes. The captain said they are waiting for storms to pass…. ATC says undetermined delay.

worst part is that there is zero catering on board because of the last minute swap from the Iberia plane. Not sure how long they would hold us without being able to provide and food/drinks?!
Old Aug 17, 2022, 8:23 am
formerly JackDann

I've just had my EZY Flight from LGW to BFS at 8:40pm this evening cancelled citing weather conditions - I'll give them the benefit of the doubt if there is indeed storms!
Old Aug 17, 2022, 8:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by JD1905
I've just had my EZY Flight from LGW to BFS at 8:40pm this evening cancelled citing weather conditions - I'll give them the benefit of the doubt if there is indeed storms!
Just had a nasty thunderstorm go over East London don’t know it’s trajectory or where it’s come from but definitely some nasty storms in London at the moment.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 8:38 am

Indeed the status is now Departure 14.30. Showing arrival at 19.38!! They are expecting violent rainstorms at Barcelona (20 litre/M3 was quoted).
becks1 likes this.

Last edited by PUCCI GALORE; Aug 17, 2022 at 8:47 am
Old Aug 17, 2022, 8:41 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Keep hold of your boarding pass, in case it doesn't credit.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Keep hold of your boarding pass, in case it doesn't credit.
Its a reward booking! I just want to get on my holiday 😩
Old Aug 17, 2022, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Captain just gave his ‘half hourly update’. Tjey are supposedly going too try and attach a jetty to at least get some water on board.

plus crew are going to go out of hours so trying to find a replacement.

god know how long they’re gonna keep us sat here!

i’m assuming its going to get cancelled eventually…. what is the best way of getting hotels / re-booked for tomorrow? Can i just book my own hotel?
becks1 likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 8:55 am
formerly JackDann

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
Just had a nasty thunderstorm go over East London don’t know it’s trajectory or where it’s come from but definitely some nasty storms in London at the moment.
All EZY Flights taken off sale. Knew I should have snagged that BA Reward flight this evening (That has long gone)
Old Aug 17, 2022, 9:03 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Clareym66
i’m assuming its going to get cancelled eventually…. what is the best way of getting hotels / re-booked for tomorrow? Can i just book my own hotel?
Crew running out of hours is not good news, it's rare for a swift swap to happen. At the moment I would be flicking through hotel apps to see what may be available but I would only book once it was clear you were going to be offloaded. HGI at Hatton Cross is currently £139 undiscounted so I'm be thinking of that, or the Hilton T4 at £170 It's best to book yourself, but BA can also book hotels if not too many people are involved. But there are plenty of hotel roms so I wouldn't worry too much about that. BA482, the late BCN service today, isn't quite full at the moment but that may end up badly delayed.
becks1 likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Still sat here!! Apparently new crew are on the way… feel like we are getting all sorts of stories from them.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 11:31 am

Programs: BA Silver
On your way now - BCN arrival of 20:35.
wrp96, fluffymitten and Pilot37 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.