FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   New Furniture in First Lounge (but no wifi and burger is back) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2091088-new-furniture-first-lounge-but-no-wifi-burger-back.html)

ademanuele Aug 17, 2022 4:54 am

New Furniture in First Lounge (but no wifi and burger is back)

I have not been in the First Lounge for a couple of weeks but there is now new seating and tables in part of the First Lounge at LHR (east wing area that faces 5B). May have already been commented on already but a very different look. Not as nice as the original furniture in my view and tables look a little tacky, but seating is comfortable. Shame the new tables do not have charging points.

Burgers are back in the self-service area 😁 but wifi is not working. Wifi was not working when I was last here, am I just unlucky or is there an issue?

WWChap Aug 17, 2022 4:56 am

Use the Heathrow Wi-Fi it’s much better.

ademanuele Aug 17, 2022 5:01 am

Originally Posted by WWChap (Post 34521600)
Use the Heathrow Wi-Fi it’s much better.

It is indeed, not used Heathrow Wi-Fi before but is indeed faster. So Heathrow have got something right 😉

fluffymitten Aug 17, 2022 5:07 am

My partner passed through the flounge the other day and said the burgers didn't look properly cooked

PGberkshire Aug 17, 2022 5:19 am

Originally Posted by fluffymitten (Post 34521626)
My partner passed through the flounge the other day and said the burgers didn't look properly cooked

They are most likely cooked in a steam oven. HAL bans naked flames

RichieMc Aug 17, 2022 5:20 am

Bit disappointed by new seats on the terrace. The old armchairs were massive and super comfy. They did look in need of a refresh, but the cheapy replacements are a step down.

ademanuele Aug 17, 2022 5:24 am

Originally Posted by fluffymitten (Post 34521626)

They looked overdone if anything today...

South London Bon Viveur Aug 17, 2022 5:29 am

The burgers look quite anaemic for whatever reason but I think they are properly cooked.

fluffymitten Aug 17, 2022 5:46 am

Originally Posted by PGberkshire (Post 34521641)

But you can cook them without a flame and get some colour on them - frying pan on an electric hob will do the trick (or the mass catering equivalent, of course)

flybymonkey Aug 17, 2022 6:04 am

Any pictures of the new furniture?

PGberkshire Aug 17, 2022 6:10 am

Originally Posted by fluffymitten (Post 34521684)
But you can cook them without a flame and get some colour on them - frying pan on an electric hob will do the trick (or the mass catering equivalent, of course)

True, but isn't very scalable. A tray in an oven will cook 20/30 in one go. Frying pans will require a lot more effort.

Agent69 Aug 17, 2022 6:17 am

Originally Posted by flybymonkey (Post 34521719)
Any pictures of the new furniture?

Or the burgers

choosethedrew Aug 17, 2022 7:09 am

I liked the furniture they had way back (pic below), especially on the terrace. They had these nice cream bench-style sofas with slouchy backrest cushions and cylindrical bolsters, they looked quite expensive. Ever since they went, you could see the budget diminution before your eyes, as far as the sofas and chairs were concerned.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...4f3e1684e7.jpg
The nice sofas!

FartinLewis Aug 17, 2022 7:27 am

Originally Posted by PGberkshire (Post 34521641)

Steamed hams?

BitterLemon Aug 17, 2022 7:41 am

Originally Posted by FartinLewis (Post 34521938)
Steamed hams?

At this time of year, at this time of day, in this part of the country, localised entirely within the First Lounge!?