Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Furniture in First Lounge (but no wifi and burger is back)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Furniture in First Lounge (but no wifi and burger is back)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2022, 7:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Would it perhaps have been preferable to leave the old (yet seemingly better quality) furniture as it was, and instead finally start spending some money on the toilet facilities ……
Old Aug 17, 2022, 8:38 am

The CCR furniture gets tackier every time I visit. Over the years, it has gone from very comfortable to someone trying too hard for contemporary interjections. The terrace was my favourite spot to relax before the voile-type dividers and replacement chairs. The lounge duck lamps and 'statement' terrace pink sofa reminded me of an old TV programme, Changing Rooms.

I agree that the toilets and showers need improvement. I wish they'd refurbish the cabanas and banish the useless sleeping pods.
choosethedrew and becks1 like this.

Last edited by AnaTravel; Aug 17, 2022 at 8:45 am
Old Aug 17, 2022, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by AnaTravel
The CCR furniture gets tackier every time I visit. Over the years, it has gone from very comfortable to someone trying too hard for contemporary interjections. The terrace was my favourite spot to relax before the voile-type dividers and replacement chairs. The lounge duck lamps and 'statement' terrace pink sofa reminded me of an old TV programme, Changing Rooms.

I agree that the toilets and showers need improvement. I wish they'd refurbish the cabanas and banish the useless sleeping pods.
They need a proper interior designer, perhaps they can bring back Kelly Hoppen?
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 8:54 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Originally Posted by flybymonkey
They need a proper interior designer, perhaps they can bring back Kelly Hoppen?
Sounds more like Laurence Llwelyn-Bowen's bag.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 9:11 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by South London Bon Viveur
The burgers look quite anaemic for whatever reason but I think they are properly cooked.
I took one look at the burgers at the self-service area last weekend and decided to just order from the at-table menu: Ham and pea pie, small but very nice:

Geordie405 and becks1 like this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 10:11 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
I can still remember the fire on Burger King in terminal 1 years ago ; maybe thats why they have gone anaemic!
PGberkshire likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by ademanuele
I have not been in the First Lounge for a couple of weeks but there is now new seating and tables in part of the First Lounge at LHR (east wing area that faces 5B). May have already been commented on already but a very different look. Not as nice as the original furniture in my view and tables look a little tacky, but seating is comfortable. Shame the new tables do not have charging points.

Burgers are back in the self-service area 😁 but wifi is not working. Wifi was not working when I was last here, am I just unlucky or is there an issue?
The burgers have been at self service in Galleries First for some weeks now. They have piles of them from 11am onwards -I think they look nasty and grey and anyway, who wants to cook their own food? We’re supposed to be in a reasonably civilised lounge not at a barbecue! The whole self service burger set up looks rather inferior to me and the finished article’s hardly a patch on what was on the table service menu for ages. Indeed there’s little of interest remaining on the table service menu - a far cry from the menu originally offered in First Lounge. Kippers for breakfast are not bad however. I can’t comment on the rest of the drink but the champagne selection’s getting worse too. The superior Canard Duchene is no longer served, now replaced by the pleasant but less distinguishes Palmer champagne. It’s a shame LP GrandSiecle hasn’t migrated back to First Lounge, where it visited briefly while Concord Room was closed! I’m not holding my breath. I’ll just need ro fly more to get to GGL!
Old Aug 17, 2022, 11:55 am

Programs: Starbucks Gold :-)
Why would an F pax need wifi? What are you going to do, work?

WIfi is for C pax.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by MDTyKe

WIfi is for C pax.
The Galleries First lounge is full of business (and lower) class passengers
Old Aug 17, 2022, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by PGberkshire
True, but isn't very scalable. A tray in an oven will cook 20/30 in one go. Frying pans will require a lot more effort.
if only they had some method of connecting a pot with water to a power source, they could also do hot dogs
Old Aug 17, 2022, 2:27 pm

Programs: Some
WIfi is for C pax.
"J", please, this isn't some Eurocarrier we are discussing
Old Aug 17, 2022, 3:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
I have to agree with CKBA that the ham and pea pies are yummy. So much so that I had two in quick succession, and really had to think long and hard about not having a third.

I did look at the burgers too and agree that they looked really anaemic. If I was to serve a burger that looked like that here in the USA there'd be a bit of a ruckus. I have a proper grill in my back yard so steaks, burgers etc. are all properly seared etc.
becks1 and PGberkshire like this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by gustavmahler
Sounds more like Laurence Llwelyn-Bowen's bag.
I’ve met Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen and he’s a very nice bloke. I say that even if I wouldn’t want him designing anything to do with my home.
gustavmahler likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)

WIfi is for C pax.
More to the point why would someone in F be slumming it in the flounge?
MDTyKe likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 4:23 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Dorowilson
The burgers have been at self service in Galleries First for some weeks now. They have piles of them from 11am onwards -I think they look nasty and grey and anyway, who wants to cook their own food? We’re supposed to be in a reasonably civilised lounge not at a barbecue! The whole self service burger set up looks rather inferior to me and the finished article’s hardly a patch on what was on the table service menu for ages. Indeed there’s little of interest remaining on the table service menu - a far cry from the menu originally offered in First Lounge. Kippers for breakfast are not bad however. I can’t comment on the rest of the drink but the champagne selection’s getting worse too. The superior Canard Duchene is no longer served, now replaced by the pleasant but less distinguishes Palmer champagne. It’s a shame LP GrandSiecle hasn’t migrated back to First Lounge, where it visited briefly while Concord Room was closed! I’m not holding my breath. I’ll just need ro fly more to get to GGL!

When was LPGS served in LHR F lounge? (ive heard it made its way to LGW the other day for a couple of days)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.