Search

HAM - (LHR) - MCO in Jan 2023

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2022, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club
HAM - (LHR) - MCO in Jan 2023

Dear Experts,

I am planning to fly HAM MCO in January next year. In the past I usually did this HAM LHR MCO.
Unless my flight search skills deteriorated dramatically, I see the following options now:
- Change from Heathrow to Gatwick
​​​​​​- at least one more stop (PHL, CLT)
If I want to fly BA/OneWorld.
Or flying a different alliance if I want to have a one stop connection.

Have I missed anything? Does LHR MCO not exist anymore next year? Isn‘t MCO also a major business destination apart from the obvious leisure traveller market?

Thank you!
Old Aug 14, 2022, 8:31 am

LHR-MCO is scrapped, at least for the winter season. I can’t imagine the BA service returning either.

https://thepointsguy.co.uk/news/brit...throw-gatwick/
Old Aug 14, 2022, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Thank you very much.
Changing from LHR to LGW for a connection is not really my preference.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 9:30 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, *G, EK Skywards Silver
LHR MCO is only a recent thing and came about during Covid. It never used to be an option.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 9:37 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
You cannot do HAM-MCO on OneWorld with only one transfer, unless you include Aer Lingus via, Dublin, which I wouldn’t.

If you want just a single change then you’re on Skyteam via AMS or Star via FRA. Neither of those are particularly enticing. I also found having LHR-MCO a nicer experience as I hate the minimum of 4 hours you realistically have to leave for the pleasure.

Having said that, the immigration and general international arrival experience in MCO is often very poor. You may find that HAM-LHR-JFK/PHL-MCO is a much smoother and more relaxed routing.
becks1 likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 10:58 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, AZ, VS, AA, UA
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
You cannot do HAM-MCO on OneWorld with only one transfer, unless you include Aer Lingus via, Dublin, which I wouldn’t.
why all the hate on EI? Reports I’ve seen are pretty positive and of course you have the massive advantage of preclearance at DUB.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 11:02 am

Programs: BAEC, VS Flying Club
Originally Posted by OxfordBlue
why all the hate on EI? Reports I’ve seen are pretty positive and of course you have the massive advantage of preclearance at DUB.
I suspect the point is EI is not (yet) a oneworld member.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 11:39 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by GumshoeW12
I suspect the point is EI is not (yet) a oneworld member.
Correct. BA happily sells EI flights and EI happily withholds OW benefits even on tickets sold by the sister airline. It’s IAG cakeism.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Thank you all!
It will be my 4th trip to MCO, only one of them for vacation.
Via CLT and PHL and in March directly to MCO.
Knowing the FT trick not to recheck the luggage for delivery at the main terminal, my MCO experience was not too bad. For surfe better than my PHL experience.
Obviously, this could be due to my small sample size (despite being BAEC Gold for about 5 years.[1]
No issues with Aer Lingus. But only flown between DUB and Germany, never to travel overseas.

Anyway, thanks again for the kind help.

[1] but only until the end of November this year. Then ‚Double Silver‘ : enough TP for silver & downgrade to silver.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.