Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Pre-Departure Beverage service in CE (sort of)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2022, 1:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments

Nice touch this morning on flight to Dublin, crew member pointed out that he’d put a bottle of water in the seat back pocket for me. Didn’t seem to be universal in CE so presumably a GGL “perk”

I think we all have our views on the direction of BA service standards in recent years, but this sort of small random thing gives me hope - whether it was a BA directed thing or just someone taking the initiative

thankfully no queuing on the jetbridge, imagine later in the day after a few hours of 35c the value would be much higher!

(I was initially thinking that the cleaners hadn’t done a very good job!)
m8_rotate, SxMan and becks1 like this.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 1:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Are we seriously in a place where a loyal customer who has likely spent in excess of £25k in the past year and maybe £200 on this ride, which will be in the air for less than an hour, should celebrate on receiving a 50p bottle of water?
nancypants, JD1905, 86BA7 and 3 others like this.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 1:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
To be fair I don’t think the OP was celebrating, more just commenting that it was a nice touch.

In any case what should one do? Moan that it isn’t champagne? On another thread someone was commenting that they didn’t want the champagne offered as it took up too much room in their bag or something!!!

Personally if I was in that position, I’d accept it for what it is - a ‘nice touch’.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 2:05 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
Was going to say, I had this recently but the opposite thinking - I initially thought the water bottle had been put out for us pre-boarding, only to quickly realise it was an empty bottle left by the previous passenger and missed by the cleaners!
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 5:22 am

Programs: Virtuoso TA; SELECT TA; BAEC Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond; IHG Plantinum Amb
I’ve noticed this more often with the CE cabin on CityFlyer from LCY - some of the cabin crew place water bottles in every passenger’s seat before boarding. I find this normally a good indicator of a great crew for the flight!
lorcancoyle and becks1 like this.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
Nice touch this morning on flight to Dublin, crew member pointed out that he’d put a bottle of water in the seat back pocket for me. Didn’t seem to be universal in CE so presumably a GGL “perk”

I think we all have our views on the direction of BA service standards in recent years, but this sort of small random thing gives me hope - whether it was a BA directed thing or just someone taking the initiative

thankfully no queuing on the jetbridge, imagine later in the day after a few hours of 35c the value would be much higher!

How tacky, bottle of water yes, wine no.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 6:48 am

I had something similar this morning from a very engaged and proactive in-flight lead (or whatever the title is). My first ex LHR Euro trip since 2019 and I wasn't particularly looking forward to what Heathrow had in store. Was a lovely touch to be recognised for loyalty, addressed by name and offered a bottle of water once boarding complete... and another toeards the end of the flight for my onward journey. It wasnt overly gushing or embarrassing, he got the tone just right. Great effort.
gcuk and becks1 like this.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 7:04 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
It was a nice touch, thanks for sharing OP. I’m always grateful when CC consider a pax experience and do something proactively to improve it- irrespective of whether that costs 50p or £100 is irrelevant when it is the gesture
gcuk likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.