Poug not working

Old Aug 11, 2022, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BD Gold, BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors
Poug not working

Father-in-law (BA blue) has a POUG offer visible on the return leg of domestic trip within MMB. Whenever he tries to upgrade he gets a message saying "sorry this fare cannot be upgraded online, please contact your local service centre"

Is this likely to be upgraded (for the c£90 fee) by phoning in or a waste of time? He's not keen on a long phone queue to be told it's not happening!
Old Aug 11, 2022, 1:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by so3003
Father-in-law (BA blue) has a POUG offer visible on the return leg of domestic trip within MMB. Whenever he tries to upgrade he gets a message saying "sorry this fare cannot be upgraded online, please contact your local service centre"

Is this likely to be upgraded (for the c£90 fee) by phoning in or a waste of time? He's not keen on a long phone queue to be told it's not happening!
Out of curiosity, is his flight on or before august 15th?
Old Aug 11, 2022, 1:05 pm

In the past this has meant a rogue offer being advertised for upgrade when there isn't availability for the offer in reality. This would result in the message being received.
Ba.com at its finest...
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BD Gold, BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors
Thanks I'll let him know
Flight is before 15th
Old Aug 11, 2022, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
Out of curiosity, is his flight on or before august 15th?
Assuming it’s inbound to LHR, it won’t make a difference as there are no restrictions on those.

It’s actually a very good time for AUPs from LHR, particularly on shorthaul, as flights are so empty because of the cap and it’s last-minute business customers who haven’t been able to buy tickets. I’ve been offered 2 x £70 AUPs in the last week, the first time it’s been under £100 since last year.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 3:28 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
I'm seeing the opposite for short-haul EU flights. The flights from LHR are going out with small Club cabins (3 or 4 rows only) and no POUG's on offer, whilst the flights back to LHR have Club cabins stretching back to row 10 and POUGs being offered during OLCI.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.