Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

I’m not complaining but why did I receive Avios and Tier points on an Avios booking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I’m not complaining but why did I receive Avios and Tier points on an Avios booking?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2022, 11:16 pm

First rule of Fright Club....
Old Aug 11, 2022, 12:32 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by xxxxx
BA does read this forum. I’d delete if I were you
Whilst generally it's best not to make public bank errors in your favour, to re-assure the OP - it's beyond unlikely that posting something on this forum would lead BA to launch a full-scale investigation to trace an individual, which would be pretty difficult from an anonymous username, just to recover a single Silver status and a few Avios.

Should this get rolled back, it'll be because an automated system has detected the error, not anything here.
DaveS, mikeyfly, dougzz and 2 others like this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 3:46 am

Programs: British Airways
Also had this in the past before as well as full tier points on a gold upgrade voucher. Think it just depends how its entered into the system.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 4:29 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Gotta love them Tier Potties!
Would you care to translate for those of us whose native tongue is English?

This has happened to me a while back - I am almost certain that this was beacause there was an IRROPs and BA rebooked us - (remember those days? Before the Spectral Heathrow decimated that possibility as we have read in other threads) - I remember seeing that it had booked into J class and indeed we got Points and Avios.

No, like the day that the bank made a fair error in my favour, I popped it in a Savings Account and waited for them to ask for it back. They never did. I think that it is still there as Running Away money.
DaveS likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 7:49 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Greenpen
If I send BA some BMI boarding passes with a nice letter, will they still credit them?

Or has the glory of BMI faded away?
The reference was probably to BMI crediting BMI-issued award ticket flights as if they were regular paid flights, with class of service and status bonuses included. A lot of those BD miles became BA miles/points when BD account balances were transferred into BA accounts.

I continue to be a fan of being hit by IRROPS on award tickets, but more so when it means a move to a partner or other airline that puts further distance between me and the original award ticketing and operating carrier(s). And extra points if it comes with EC 261/2004 type compensation.
DaveS likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.