Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

‘Complex’ FTV refund. Conflicting advice BA Chat

‘Complex’ FTV refund. Conflicting advice BA Chat

Old Sep 3, 2022, 12:42 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jeroen100
Still waiting for refund of cash and avios. Asked a couple of times on the chat and every time they tell me that is being refunded within 7-10 working days. (Me: that’s what you said last time and the time before that, them: yes but this time it will be done)

ftv was issued early July, apparently a refund request was made August 7 (don’t know by whom).

Should I wait longer? Any advice on further steps?
what exactly happened? Was this a flight cancellation where you then called for a full refund? Or did you request a FTV?
Old Sep 3, 2022, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA
what exactly happened? Was this a flight cancellation where you then called for a full refund? Or did you request a FTV?
I had to cancel the trip 2 days before departure. Got an FTV without a value , requested the value. Got that and then asked what happens with the avios used to upgrade. They told me 4-5 times now that money and avios would be refunded.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 8:27 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jeroen100
I had to cancel the trip 2 days before departure. Got an FTV without a value , requested the value. Got that and then asked what happens with the avios used to upgrade. They told me 4-5 times now that money and avios would be refunded.
if you have an FTV then everything is on that and that’s what you have - a voucher not a refund.

Ba have been refunding some FTVs to try and reduce the burden on call centres, but I don’t think guy can request this.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 3:08 am
Original Poster

Just an update on this. Was told in september that refund request was being processed and it would take up to 30 working days. Called after 30 days and was issued an apology for the delay and they escalated the request., Avios where then returned within 24 hours, partial paypal refund back in 2 days and the rest on my creditcard after 3 days. So took a while but all sorted now.
fluffymitten likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 3:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
That's good news, finally!

Lessons learned for anyone following this:
1. Keep credit card statements - if you receive physical statements, scan them in if you don't want to store the paper.
2. Keep all ticketing emails
3. Download everything you can out of MMB before and after making any booking changes
4. Make sure you have a good filing system to help you find all this stuff at a later date!
jeroen100 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.