Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline rerouting a Tier Point Run

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2022, 9:01 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by y3d
Hmm… to add my data point: flight with BA paid with cash NBO-LHR-CDG; the NBO-LHR leg was cancelled 6 weeks before the flight and we were moved onto NBO-DOH-CDG with QR.

Tier points and Avios failed to materialise after waiting a month.
First person I talked to said the points will be credited after another 7 days for the flights flown. When this didn’t happen, I talked with chat support, and was told that ORC applies in this case and that the first person was incorrect.
5 days later, the tier points and avios for original booking appeared in my account (no sign of TPs or Avios for the second person on the booking).

So… which is it, then? I would certainly prefer the extra 100 TP.
I think I may have misread. Did you get the Avios and TP already for your original routing ? So you don't want ORC?

But you want to claim for the Avios for the actual flown routes?

If so, put a claim in on BA.com. with supporting documents , or try the 'ticket number' field on ba.com exec page after signing in, 'claim missing Avios'. Its still buggy, so it may have to be done manually as it could say it doesn't recognize your ticket number.

You never know you may get both! Who knows these days with BA IT.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 9:03 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, BA Amex PP
Note with BA and Iberia flights it is straightforward and doesn't take long, with AA flights it may take forever or no reply received. I'm still waiting on a claimed downgrade from MIA-DCA-JFK in J (80TP) to MIA-JFK in Y (20 TP) from April and just submitted one to claim for LAX-BOS-JFK-LHR (320 TP) which became LAX-ORD-LHR (180TP) when AA cancelled the LAX-BOS with 2 hours to go, submitted that a week ago. Next time I will be more adamant to just fly an equivalent tier point earning route than just accept the rerouting.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 9:52 am

Ideally, one should aim to get rebooked onto a carrier that is a member of some other alliance. That way there can be no dispute about how many TP and Avios are missing, and one can also get miles as a member of the other alliance.
choosethedrew and abligh like this.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 10:19 am
y3d

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo
I think I may have misread. Did you get the Avios and TP already for your original routing ? So you don't want ORC?

But you want to claim for the Avios for the actual flown routes?

If so, put a claim in on BA.com. with supporting documents , or try the 'ticket number' field on ba.com exec page after signing in, 'claim missing Avios'. Its still buggy, so it may have to be done manually as it could say it doesn't recognize your ticket number.

You never know you may get both! Who knows these days with BA IT.
I have only received TP and Avios for the original booking.

My main point was that BA seem to give ORC even if the flight change happens weeks in advance, not just on the day.

Secondary, I was asking if what I’ve been told and been given as missing TP and Avios was actually incorrect.
As KARFA says, I’m no worse off than what I expected to be when I booked the flight, hence I’m not too fussed about it. It’s just inconsistent with what other people here say it should happen. But this is BA IT, so… no surprise, really.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 11:16 am

Hi again, as far as I know you only get ORC for invol reroute if it happens the day of travel or thereabouts, not 6 weeks out.

It's been known i've been wrong before tho...... 😃 .....
Old Aug 10, 2022, 11:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by RGS5526
Ideally, one should aim to get rebooked onto a carrier that is a member of some other alliance. That way there can be no dispute about how many TP and Avios are missing, and one can also get miles as a member of the other alliance.
Does that also work if you get booked on to an airline which is a mileage-earning (but not status-mileage-earning) partner of a different OneWorld airline? I was rebooked on to LY from BA. BA doesn’t have a partnership with El Al but Alaska does (however, Alaska is also now a OneWorld member…)
Old Aug 10, 2022, 1:03 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
ORC is alive and well for on the day disruption.

I was flying CLT-BOS-LHR recently and due to lightening storms at CLT, the ramp was closed. We were already on board the CLT-BOS AA flight, but after 2 hours it was clear I would miss the onward BA flight from BOS so I spoke to the cabin crew about leaving the flight, the captain went and spoke to the gate agent and came back and confirmed the gate agent would rebook me onto the direct CLT-LHR AA flight.

I emailed the Exec Club and about a week later, they removed the CLT-LHR flight and added the original CLT-BOS and BOS-LHR flights. Only an extra 40TPs but at this point they all count!
Old Aug 10, 2022, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Thanks for the advice all - This is an AA ticketed flight only booking with BA flights between BRU <> LHR and LHR > DFW ... the rest are AA. Still 2 months till the flight - so will monitor it daily to see any route changes.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 2:51 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ReynoldsNumber
Thanks for the advice all - This is an AA ticketed flight only booking with BA flights between BRU <> LHR and LHR > DFW ... the rest are AA. Still 2 months till the flight - so will monitor it daily to see any route changes.
AA make almost all their changes on a Sunday, you don't need to live on a wire for this.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 5:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
AA make almost all their changes on a Sunday, you don't need to live on a wire for this.
Thanks CWS!

The only change so far was an aircraft type change from HNL > DFW - 772 instead of a 778.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 1:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by nh1980
Note with BA and Iberia flights it is straightforward and doesn't take long, with AA flights it may take forever or no reply received. I'm still waiting on a claimed downgrade from MIA-DCA-JFK in J (80TP) to MIA-JFK in Y (20 TP) from April and just submitted one to claim for LAX-BOS-JFK-LHR (320 TP) which became LAX-ORD-LHR (180TP) when AA cancelled the LAX-BOS with 2 hours to go, submitted that a week ago. Next time I will be more adamant to just fly an equivalent tier point earning route than just accept the rerouting.
What's the process for AA? This week I had a cancellation turn a 2x40 TP trip into a 20 TP trip due to cancellation (same day), downgrade, and reroute. I'd like to get those TPs back.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 1:09 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by gormless
What's the process for AA? This week I had a cancellation turn a 2x40 TP trip into a 20 TP trip due to cancellation (same day), downgrade, and reroute. I'd like to get those TPs back.
Have a look at the ORC guide, which you will find in the BA Forum Dashboard.
crazyarmadillo and gormless like this.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 1:10 pm

Put a claim in for ORC . AA flights do count for invol reroute.

But, getting a response with BA these days, may take time.
gormless likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 1:12 pm

As CWS says look at the guide.

Here's a link

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...-guide-21.html
Old Aug 15, 2022, 1:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Thanks, I didn't think this would work with an AA booking. Will submit via BAEC.
crazyarmadillo likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.