Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Gatwick Long haul Summer 2023

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2022, 2:38 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
Georgetown (GEO) is the capital of Guyana (which is also served by the smaller OGL Ogle Airport). The Cayman Islands' capital is George Town, on the island of Grand Cayman (GCM).

Caribcan.
vectismanpaul likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 5:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Is Port of Spain a holiday destination? I was getting confused with the flights and holidays on the BA website. For Trinidad and Tobago it offered two airports, but all holidays tended to be on the Tobago flight destination..
Old Aug 13, 2022, 7:28 pm

Programs: Executive Club
Originally Posted by vectismanpaul
Provisional BA Gatwick Long Haul for Summer 2023

Yes Punta Cana becomes non-stop in Summer 2023. Previously it was only non stop during the winter season.
This isn't correct. PUJ went non-stop about 4 or 5 years ago IIRC (BA 2204 / 2205) and these were year-round direct services. In 2019/20 it went to 4 flights per week in winter season. It only went via Antigua this summer due to a shortage of airframes. On the flight I was on there were only 30 pax who left in Antigua, and according to the cabin manager that was pretty typical.

It's definitely a route that needs a direct service. Punta Cana is the busiest airport in the Caribbean with nearly 8 million passengers per year. It's going back to non-stop in November 2022 and from what I understand will stay at 3 fpw until further notice.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 7:33 pm

Programs: Executive Club
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
Is Port of Spain a holiday destination? I was getting confused with the flights and holidays on the BA website. For Trinidad and Tobago it offered two airports, but all holidays tended to be on the Tobago flight destination..
Port of Spain is on the island of Trinidad. Tobago is on the island of Tobago. They are two separate islands. POS isn't a very touristy location, almost all the tourism is on Tobago but POS has quite a lot of VFR (visiting friends and relatives) and commercial traffic as there is quite a lot of petrochem industry on Trinidad.
Dicksbits likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 11:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JessicaB
This isn't correct. PUJ went non-stop about 4 or 5 years ago IIRC (BA 2204 / 2205) and these were year-round direct services. In 2019/20 it went to 4 flights per week in winter season. It only went via Antigua this summer due to a shortage of airframes. On the flight I was on there were only 30 pax who left in Antigua, and according to the cabin manager that was pretty typical.

It's definitely a route that needs a direct service. Punta Cana is the busiest airport in the Caribbean with nearly 8 million passengers per year. It's going back to non-stop in November 2022 and from what I understand will stay at 3 fpw until further notice.
I did mean as in this summer but many thanks for the extra information.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Below is the current planned Summer BA 2023 Long haul Schedule from London Gatwick. Some frequencies may vary slightly during the course of the season.
Please let me know of any omissions or additions. There may also be some long haul charters planned.British Airways Gatwick Long Haul Summer 2023

New York Daily

Tampa Daily

Orlando Up to 13 weekly

Antigua 5 weekly

St Lucia Daily

Kingston 4 weekly

Cancun Daily

Doha Daily

Port of Spain 3 weekly

Mauritius 3 weekly

Punta Cana 3 weekly non-stop (was via stop in Summer 2022)

Aruba 2 weekly via Antigua

Georgetown 2 weekly via St Lucia

Grenada 3 weekly via St Lucia

Tobago 2 weekly via St Lucia

St Kitts 2 weekly via Antigua

Vancouver 6 weekly

Las Vegas 3 weekly

75 flights weekly

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.