Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Comparison between BA/QR/AA on one booking

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2022, 4:45 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by JD1905
Are you sure you were on an A350 with QR? These have Q Suites ( If they’re even flying right now ). Also which 787 was it? The 787-10 has their newer Business Suite
All A350-1000 have QSuites, some of A350-900 have QSuites, and some of A350-900 have no QSuites.
jamesreid978 and JD1905 like this.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 4:47 am

Programs: QRPC, BAEC
Originally Posted by rather_be_on_a_griffin
I’ve done all three in the past few months and I concur about DOH lounges. I paid for the First lounge on the way out (connecting to BOM) and it was worth it. The proper J lounge (not the frequent flyer one) was packed to the gills and its food was basically a tarted up sandwich.
you were probably on the wrong side of the lounge (the sandwich bar) rather than the proper a la carte restaurant upstairs
Old Aug 10, 2022, 5:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Gosh, I'm always far to full to even think about eating in the lounge at Doha ...I kinda like the on board food and certainly would.not call it just ok compared to.most of the other carriers in one world.

Guess though Doha is.kuch busier since I last went through albeit I'm not really sure rwhy it would.be but never had more than 20 mins wait for shower coming from PER, MEL, SIN or BKK and also LHR, OSL, ARN , FRA.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 5:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, GA PLAT, SQ Gold
Are you sure you were on an A350 with QR? These have Q Suites ( If they’re even flying right now ). Also which 787 was it? The 787-10 has their newer Business Suite

787 on the outbound CGK - DOH
350 on the inbound DOH-CGK

If nothing else you can tell the difference on the cabin size, the A350 has a few more rows
Q Suite is very rarely available on the CGK route, I have another flight in 10 days booked with BA and both legs are on 787, the reason I book with BA rather than QR is that from Jakarta at the moment BA is cheaper and all tickets including I class are flexible.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 5:50 am

Programs: BA Silver, UA 1K, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by nomadabroad
you were probably on the wrong side of the lounge (the sandwich bar) rather than the proper a la carte restaurant upstairs
ah thanks that makes sense I thought it was exceptionally basic for this type of lounge. It was super busy though so I didn’t linger and I only had a two hour layover so I just went and sat by the gate.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 5:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nivsy
Gosh, I'm always far to full to even think about eating in the lounge at Doha ...I kinda like the on board food and certainly would.not call it just ok compared to.most of the other carriers in one world..
The onboard food on QR is generally better than most airlines in business class but it has taken a reduction in quality and presentation in the last several years.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by Schwann
The onboard food on QR is generally better than most airlines in business class but it has taken a reduction in quality and presentation in the last several years.
Hopefully post world cup when things normalise they’d be able to fully resume to pre-covid standards across the network.

Some routes (LHR, CDG, etc) have resumed to normality at least presentation wise (mains plated on board again) whilst others (majority of US flights) are still a la casserole. But again, even the pandemic era level of service at QR is already miles ahead of BA/AA prepandemic.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 6:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, GA PLAT, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by nivsy
Gosh, I'm always far to full to even think about eating in the lounge at Doha ...I kinda like the on board food and certainly would.not call it just ok compared to.most of the other carriers in one world.

Guess though Doha is.kuch busier since I last went through albeit I'm not really sure rwhy it would.be but never had more than 20 mins wait for shower coming from PER, MEL, SIN or BKK and also LHR, OSL, ARN , FRA.

I had a 10 hour layover from AA New York flight, so spent the first 8 hours in the Airport Hotel and went to the lounge for breakfast,
Old Aug 10, 2022, 6:31 am
formerly JackDann

Originally Posted by walkingtall
787 on the outbound CGK - DOH
350 on the inbound DOH-CGK

If nothing else you can tell the difference on the cabin size, the A350 has a few more rows
Q Suite is very rarely available on the CGK route, I have another flight in 10 days booked with BA and both legs are on 787, the reason I book with BA rather than QR is that from Jakarta at the moment BA is cheaper and all tickets including I class are flexible.
There are multiple types of each aircraft. I would assume your outbound was a 787-8 and your inbound was a A350-900. The 787-9* and A350-1000 all have Suites.

Still, be grateful you weren't on an A330/A320 - which can often be the case on QR these days.

Last edited by JD1905; Aug 10, 2022 at 8:28 am
Old Aug 10, 2022, 6:34 am

Two different types of each aircraft. I would assume your outbound was a 787-9 and your inbound was a A350-900. The 787-10 and A350-1000 all have Suites.

Still, be grateful you weren't on an A330/A320 - which can often be the case on QR these days.
QR does not have 787-10.

CGK is 3x daily of either the non-qsuite A359 or 787-8

the 787-9 does not have qsuite but rather the modified ‘business suite’
Old Aug 10, 2022, 8:27 am
formerly JackDann

Originally Posted by nomadabroad
QR does not have 787-10.

CGK is 3x daily of either the non-qsuite A359 or 787-8

the 787-9 does not have qsuite but rather the modified ‘business suite’

Ah, wrongly assumed the newer Dreamliners would be -10's. Yes, I said they all have Suites, the 787-9 has Business Suite, which is quite different.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.