Wiki Posts
Search

Heathrow to Paphos

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2022, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver, IHG Platinum Elite, Qatar Privilege Club
Heathrow to Paphos

Trying to book for next year but flights stop in October this year. Does anyone know if they will be reinstated for 2023? Thanks.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 1:59 pm

Its hard to keep track over what was historically Gatwick and what was a Heathrow route. My understanding os Paphos was only moved to Heathrow over the pendemic in order to protect lucrative slots for when travel comes back up again.
I suspect Paphos will return to Gatwick operated by the Euroflyer contracted workforce. Euroflyer are yet to announce their operating schedule for Summer 2023. Anticipate schedules being firmed up for travel next Summer in the next month or so.
Exsilver likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 3:22 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
At the moment Paphos is also operated 7 weekly from Gatwick. I expect a similar frequency next summer.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 4:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vectismanpaul
At the moment Paphos is also operated 7 weekly from Gatwick. I expect a similar frequency next summer.
Thanks but unfortunately I start in Edinburgh, there is no BA flight to LGW and I need all the tier points I can get. The bus connection is a non-starter for me.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Exsilver
Thanks but unfortunately I start in Edinburgh, there is no BA flight to LGW and I need all the tier points I can get. The bus connection is a non-starter for me.
This is all a long time away... I'd wait until the LGW summer schedule is confirmed... there may well be EDI-LGW, otherwise if you don't want the airport shuffle take a flight down on easyJet ?
Exsilver, 1Aturnleft and skiaplg like this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 6:09 am

Programs: Aer Club Silver | BAEC Bronze | ALL Silver | Sixt Platinum
Is Larnaca an option? Will you have a hire car in Cyprus?
As the previous poster mentioned, easyJet is an option too.
Thanks!
Old Aug 9, 2022, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dog250
Is Larnaca an option? Will you have a hire car in Cyprus?
As the previous poster mentioned, easyJet is an option too.
Thanks!
Just to clarify, I need 200 tier points after February next year to retain Silver. CE flights from EDI via LHR to PFO will get me that, using Easyjet to LGW won't. I have preferred accommodation and car hire in PFO, which I have used for many years, so that is what is behind the question. Thanks for the suggestions.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 6:46 am

If you don’t want to shuttle between LHR & LGW then why don’t you start your journey in GLA & use the LGW shuttle from there
mikeyfly, skiaplg and Exsilver like this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 7:01 am

Programs: BAEC GfL
Originally Posted by DynamicPulse
If you don’t want to shuttle between LHR & LGW then why don’t you start your journey in GLA & use the LGW shuttle from there
I was just about to say the same thing i.e. start GLA to LGW
Exsilver likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 8:12 am
Original Poster

I looked into this, the connections are horrible, requiring an overnight on the return, followed by transfer to LHR or LCY. I'll wait till early next year and see what's available. Thanks all for the suggestions. I appreciate your time.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 8:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold. Hilton Diamond
They’re certainly getting closer to releasing the schedule as I noticed last week that they’d added Sat/Sun flights for Nov 2022 and Feb/Mar 2023. Not sure if this is an error or not as they haven’t flown to PFO during these months in a long time so they might disappear. If they are correct, at least things are moving and we may well see the Summer schedule fairly soon.
Exsilver likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.