Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge at Cancun

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2022, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways - Gold member
Lounge at Cancun

We (5 of us) are due to fly back to London from Cancun on Monday (thankfully remaining passport was delivered just in time) and will have mix and match lounge access via Amex Platinum / priority pass and BA Gold membership (only flying PE as didn't want to remortgage house given current Club pricing).

When we last flew back from Cancun around 3 years ago BA were issuing vouchers due to the perceived quality of the Cancun lounges:
- has the quality of lounges there improved over recent years?
- are BA still offering vouchers as an alternative?

Thanks all
Old Aug 6, 2022, 2:54 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by JoshE
We (5 of us) are due to fly back to London from Cancun on Monday (thankfully remaining passport was delivered just in time) and will have mix and match lounge access via Amex Platinum / priority pass and BA Gold membership (only flying PE as didn't want to remortgage house given current Club pricing).

When we last flew back from Cancun around 3 years ago BA were issuing vouchers due to the perceived quality of the Cancun lounges:
- has the quality of lounges there improved over recent years?
- are BA still offering vouchers as an alternative?

Thanks all
Oh Lord... and I said on another thread that the only voucher I remember getting from BA was at ORY - but you're absolutely right, I got a voucher at CUN as well - for the 4 of us it was enough for a a good mix of sides and drinks at TGI Friday.

This was also a few years ago so can't comment on the current situation, but a voucher would be a good result I think...
Old Aug 6, 2022, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways - Gold member
Thanks - looks like priority passes are no longer accepted at T3 lounges anyway. Best outcome would be to get some vouchers methinks. Will update as to what is offered in practice.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 1:34 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
I was there a few years ago, travelling club and had to use priority pass as no access for BA. I do recall they gave us 2 vouchers ( think around $15 each
Old Aug 7, 2022, 1:57 am

We were there s couple of months ago, and given the choice of a lounge or $15 voucher each. We chose the lounge... trust me, the vouchers are 100% the better option!
m8_rotate and DYKWIA like this.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 4:45 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Caroline Beale
We were there s couple of months ago, and given the choice of a lounge or $15 voucher each. We chose the lounge... trust me, the vouchers are 100% the better option!
This is good to know.
Was it the Mesa lounge? That bad?
I think we'll take vouchers if offered this weekend.
​​​​​
Old Dec 6, 2022, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
This is good to know.
Was it the Mesa lounge? That bad?
I think we'll take vouchers if offered this weekend.
​​​​​
Was in the Mera lounge in T3 early November. Not the worst lounge I've been in this year.
Would compare it to one of the smaller Spanish lounges, LPA or ACE kind of standard.
Food and drinks were table service with waiters going round taking orders.
Average beers, wines and spirits. Food was sandwiches , soup crisps and nachos with a couple of hot things to choose from.Chicken skewers etc
Found it busy but an acceptable place to kill an hour.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 1:37 am

We were flying out of Cancun Jan this year. We first tried to go to the lounge with the voucher, but were warned at the desk that the lounge would be closing about 2 hours before departure.
Ended up using the voucher at one of tge airport restaurants, which was fine, but we weren't really that hungry and booze was excluded. In hindsight, finding a quiet corner of the terminal to sit would have been the best course of action, instead of trying to maximise value from the voucher just because we had it.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 3:19 am

Just wanted to jump in and see if anyone had used a lounge at Cancun recently?
Old Mar 4, 2023, 3:35 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by greenchicken
I used it on Wednesday and thought it was OK but busy. The server gave me an ample shot of tequila mixed with orange juice to ease the pain!
Old Mar 4, 2023, 3:46 am

Programs: Ba
I used it on 14th Feb. It was fairly busy, with staf no self-help for food or drink, which closed an hour before lounge closed.

​on entering I was told you could use the voucher for access to the lounge or use else were in the airport.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 3:48 am

Programs: BAEC

I’ve never been to the lounge. But here’s what the lounge database has to say. One of my favourite entries 😝
Old Mar 4, 2023, 3:49 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by RichieMc

I’ve never been to the lounge. But here’s what the lounge database has to say. One of my favourite entries 😝
I can verify that the description is fairly apt…
markmac and RichieMc like this.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by GeorgeGheal1
I used it on 14th Feb. It was fairly busy, with staf no self-help for food or drink, which closed an hour before lounge closed.

​on entering I was told you could use the voucher for access to the lounge or use else were in the airport.
Thanks - were you given the voucher at the lounge itself? What's the value of it?
Old Mar 4, 2023, 5:56 am

Programs: Ba
Thanks - were you given the voucher at the lounge itself? What's the value of it?
It was given at check in/bad drop. I think remember the agent in the lounge saying it was worth around 20usd, if I used it anywhere else
greenchicken likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.