Warning: G-GATs at LHR

Old Aug 4, 2022, 5:30 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

By the way, 2F is a truly awful seat, you get a horrific draught up your ankles, probably from all the hot air from the galley.
Thank goodness its the galley and not the toilet
😀
Old Aug 4, 2022, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
We're clearly outliers on this subject. We like 1A/C, and the sense of space it offers. Also first to be served, and first off the aircraft. I've learned how to lean left [in 1C] during boarding!
Old Aug 4, 2022, 8:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Gatters 10 intruders at Heathrow?! 🤣🤣🤣 Vintage birds indeed
Old Aug 4, 2022, 8:29 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
For some reason 1C is championed by quite a number of our correspondents here. Presume these are the same who enter a nice restaurant and request a table right by the door, the kitchen, the cloakroom and the toilets ....
Only a man would say that - what you have completely missed is that from these vantage points, those of us so inclined can keep tabs on who is doing what where. I would point out that this door does not open as the circumstances would be somewhat dramatic. The cloakroom is a euphemism for toilet in polite circles and is thus one and the same place and the kitchen does not do flambees either. Flightdeck can be so tedious about such practices.Sorry, I would have given a non-suggestion earlier but I was hosting a lunch party in the garden.

Yes, I am a 1C queen and am proud of it. Now one thing that I do not suppose anyone has pointed out is that aircraft can and regularly swapped. I never ever book 1D/1F as they only have to sub an aircraft and you are pushed down the cabin. Likewise if they put an aircraft that does have a 1D/1F the row behind does not have the much vaunted space. So, be as presumptuous as you like, I'll probably get what I want to eat and not what's left.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 8:41 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
My personal favourites on BA SH aircraft is row 2 DF on the Gatwick fleet for what its worth. Private and lots of leg room .
Old Aug 4, 2022, 8:43 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Just returning G-GATM to Heathrow after flying out on it from LGW. Rather overshadowed by 1A who had flown Concorde 50 times, but the proximity to the excellent IFL allowed me to to determine that he would be on my flight to Singapore in a couple of weeks.

Both he and 1A were sniffy about the layout and lack of wardrobe. I maintain its ok, In 2D for the return though.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 9:33 am

Programs: BAEC. Gold
I do like 1A or 1C in CE out of LGW, (sorry)
Which as a lowly silver do not often get the chance
I am 90% of the time travelling alone, with most flights in economy in exit row 12D

Sitting in 1A ir 1C, with a pleasant chatty Cabin Crew, the interactions can make the trip fly by, especially when they are in their jump seats for take off/ landing

Do not like 1C when people popping through the curtain from Y mid flight and are queueing for the washroom alongside me, especially when we are being fed
You know their eyes are staring at the tray
I often feel like throwing them a few scraps, like in a medieval banquet.....
Old Aug 4, 2022, 10:30 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Class, plus BAEC.
Well Im rather annoyed. Flying Catania - LHR on Saturday and it appears to be a G-GAT on the outbound. Checking manage my booking after seeing this thread and my 1D has gone from the seat map, as expected, but Im still marked rather ominously as 1D(Middle). Expert Flyer is showing rows 6 and 7 as blocked, but Im unable to select in MMB. Row 8 is the best available atm. I havent selected another seat in the vague hope of an a/c swap. I will NOT be happy if Im far back in the cabin.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 7:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold. Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by krispy84
Well Im rather annoyed. Flying Catania - LHR on Saturday and it appears to be a G-GAT on the outbound. Checking manage my booking after seeing this thread and my 1D has gone from the seat map, as expected, but Im still marked rather ominously as 1D(Middle). Expert Flyer is showing rows 6 and 7 as blocked, but Im unable to select in MMB. Row 8 is the best available atm. I havent selected another seat in the vague hope of an a/c swap. I will NOT be happy if Im far back in the cabin.
This is why Im with Pucci (sentiment, not proximity), having had this happen to me a couple of times. By selecting 1a/c, were generally guaranteed 1a/c even with an aircraft change, plus the bonus of first choice meal, a nice chat and many, many top ups. The only downside is having to be on first in order to get overhead space, particularly if the crew have taken it.
T8191 likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 8:41 am

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
Perhaps you could give your seat to your PA as a thank you?
PlaneSpeaking likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 9:15 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by PlaneSpeaking
This is why Im with Pucci (sentiment, not proximity), having had this happen to me a couple of times. By selecting 1a/c, were generally guaranteed 1a/c even with an aircraft change, plus the bonus of first choice meal, a nice chat and many, many top ups. The only downside is having to be on first in order to get overhead space, particularly if the crew have taken it.
You can join me whenever you like. Rich, Ah handsome youngish personable men are always welcome! Now, heres a Pucci secret. Irrespective of my reputation as a tried and tested hard faced old cow; Im actually far worse. As Row 1 has no option but to stow all ones goods and chattels (my hand bag goes into my Person Item), should I find crew baggage I sweetly coo if they mind if I move them down. They always move them. They often pop them on the Flight Deck behind the FO. Most BA crew are actually there to please their passengers and they are usually most helpful.

Youve put me in mind of a TFTG Im afraid Ill tell you if you like.
T8191 and BorisBrownBear like this.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 9:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold. Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
You can join me whenever you like. Rich, Ah handsome youngish personable men are always welcome! Now, heres a Pucci secret. Irrespective of my reputation as a tried and tested hard faced old cow; Im actually far worse. As Row 1 has no option but to stow all ones goods and chattels (my hand bag goes into my Person Item), should I find crew baggage I sweetly coo if they mind if I move them down. They always move them. They often pop them on the Flight Deck behind the FO. Most BA crew are actually there to please their passengers and they are usually most helpful.

Youve put me in mind of a TFTG Im afraid Ill tell you if you like.
Thank you but sadly, I dont tick any of those boxes although Im told my resting ..... face is moderately impressive, particularly if I havent shaved for a few days. On the TFTG, yes please - Ive noticed people have been crying out for such things from you recently!
BorisBrownBear likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 9:54 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Class, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by PlaneSpeaking
It ended up ok. 1C was originally free on the seat map and c12 hours from check-in my seat assignment shifted from 1D to 1C. I didnt fancy being bashed by every passenger on boarding so left it to almost the end to board. Leg room is great, but on balance I dont like 1A/C on this configuration. It feels very open, like a chefs table in a kitchen but not in a good way.

Its just a pain to have the risk of a G-GAT a/c added to the mix at LHR.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 10:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Upon checking https://speedbird.online/start.php it appears that all of the G-GATx aircraft are operating out of LGW again!
Old Aug 12, 2022, 10:47 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
The jersey rotation sends a GAT to LHR from LGW
T8191 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.