ORD pre-flight dining in lieu of F lounge

Old Aug 2, 2022, 1:12 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Originally Posted by shefgab
I just flew through ORD last week. Check in and security was surprisingly fast. The lounge is pretty miserable (no windows), and quite busy (this was for the late 789, so I imagine for the earlier 380 flight, the lounge would be rammed).

There was just a choice of a cheese burger or penne pasta from the menu, plus a salad. Drinks can also be ordered on the app.

Didn't see many eateries airside, but I wasn't really paying much attention.
Those meal choices haven’t changed since I was there in October.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 3:44 pm

Programs: HH Gold. (Former) UA PP, DL PM, PC Plat
Originally Posted by MADPhil
Near the BA lounges to give the lounges some competition (between M17 and M18).
Edit: gate numbers have changed.
Edit: their web site says M12, which I originally put, but the terminal is in a state of flux!
Thanks. I haven't been down that way, on the departures level, before. Only from the central food court and down toward the lower M-gates.

I'd much prefer Tortas to the food options I've found in those areas.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 3:58 pm

New buffet option opened today, some of it was ok
dcmike, gustavmahler and becks1 like this.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 4:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by David_Doyle
Have been reading alarming threads about the state of ORD at present (Terminal 5)

My brother is booked to fly back to UK on BA294 (17:05 departure) in a few weeks time. Booked in F but there's no longer a First lounge or First dining it seems.

Some questions for those who may have been through there recently:

1) Is there any decent F/CW pre-flight dining worth having?
2) Considering the 17:05 takeoff and 7hr 45m flight, better just to eat on board assuing a - hopefully - fast service and then sleep?
3) Is there any other decent eateries in Terminal 5? Places like R J Grunts would do hearty burger/chips but reviews aren't good at all....

He'll be connecting from AA IND-ORD from Terminal 3, so he could eat somewhere there however with the issues with terminal transfers I think my recommendation to him would be to transfer in good time. Just a shame he can't use the Flagship Lounge in Terminal 3 after he arrives......

Any advice appreciated.
Very similar to me I am connecting from IAH with AA and have a 7 hour layover 😭😭😭. So is it worth me using flagship first lounge instead of the BA lounge?
Old Aug 2, 2022, 5:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Those buffet photos look ok. The Terminal 3 Flagship lounge is pretty decent, but not worth going through security twice for IMO.

I just did the 7pm departure on AA and found that difficult to sleep on. The 5pm must be horrible. Tbh I need to start flying day time flights from US where possible....
Old Aug 2, 2022, 5:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Magnus77
Very similar to me I am connecting from IAH with AA and have a 7 hour layover 😭😭😭. So is it worth me using flagship first lounge instead of the BA lounge?
Flipping this on it's head - I'm transiting ORD on AA (T3 to T3). 3 hour layover(anything for the tier points). BA versus AA? I'm inclined to not bother with the terminal shuffle and stay with the Flagship First lounge in T3.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by gormless
Flipping this on it's head - I'm transiting ORD on AA (T3 to T3). 3 hour layover(anything for the tier points). BA versus AA? I'm inclined to not bother with the terminal shuffle and stay with the Flagship First lounge in T3.
Flagship lounge all the way. It’s the better option even without the terminal shuffle
Old Aug 2, 2022, 6:08 pm

Would you get access to flagship first dining on a BA first ticket?
Old Aug 2, 2022, 8:01 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Popinjay
Would you get access to flagship first dining on a BA first ticket?
There is no Flagship First Dining at ORD. It was planned but then AA withdrew all F service on ORD flights. You can dine in the intended FFD space with your food from the buffet though.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 8:46 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Only been through once, but I found the Flagship lounge at ORD quite pleasant (admittedly, I did not have very high expectations, but.. ). Good amount of space, views, decent food spread and decent variety of drinks.

And on an unrelated topic, I do like how JAL station their own staff in the lounge around their departure (or at least they did at the start of the covid craze)
Old Aug 2, 2022, 10:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Magnus77
With a 7 hour connection, I would be trying to change to the non stop service to London, taking a route with a better connection (e.g. via DFW or JFK) or be trying to get out of the airport for a few hours. The AA lounge is better than nothing, but not that amazing
wrp96 likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 12:37 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
And on an unrelated topic, I do like how JAL station their own staff in the lounge around their departure (or at least they did at the start of the covid craze)
They still do (as of today).
SKT-DK likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 1:44 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by MADPhil
You can go through security into T3 with a T5 boarding pass and with the ATS back running the land side transfer is quite efficient. So even if you have to check in at T5, go to T3, and then return it's not too bad. It would be really nice to have the air side link back though.
It has been noted that ORD’s airside terminal transfer bus won’t be coming back at all this year,
Old Nov 9, 2022, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Glob
First Dining reopened at ORD this week

Just checked into the ORD Terraces Lounge ahead of BA294 tonight, and the agent delightedly told me that they just opened the First Dining Room again. It’s a small nook behind a velvet curtain - 7 tables situated at a blocked off end of the main buffet, but they have an a la carte menu (soup, salad, pasta, burger, rice pudding) and attentive wait staff.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.