Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Philadelphia Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2022, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Philadelphia Lounge

Hi, we are off to Philly (and then back) next month in F. The lounge guide on here advises that pre flight dining is unconfirmed but BA’s website says that there is pre flight dining as well as a buffet. Has anyone been through Philly recently (or going imminently) that knows for sure if it is open and if so what the menu is? It’s not that I don’t trust BA’s IT but …………
Old Aug 1, 2022, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Are you referring to the BA Lounge near the A-Gates? We last used it in 2018, and were somewhat underwhelmed ... See Post #3 in this TR >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29889883-post3.html <<< for photos of what we on offer. (You need to scroll down a bit).

Back then we saw no obvious signs of pre-flight dining, just a wounded self-serve buffet. But we were in J: I didn't explore the options for F [if indeed they existed!].
Old Aug 1, 2022, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Thank you, yes it is the lounge near the A gates I gather we will need to use. I understand the pre flight dining when it exists is for F (and I assume Golds) but if all there is to eat is a sad buffet we will try and stop on the way to the airport.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Having re-read what I wrote, the First section didn't seem much better. The BYOPizza may have been a clue, or just a dietary norm!

Quite a nice airport, albeit requiring some long walks!
Old Aug 1, 2022, 10:18 am

Also flying out of PHL soon, in J as BA Gold. Found a good rundown of the lounge on this blog, with good photos of pre-flight dining. However, this was from 2017 and may have changed since.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 10:54 am
Suspended

Prior to mid-2017 there was a proper buffet in the J lounge and a true sit-down F menu with a differentiated menu. Late in 2017 they went to only offering the early flight, they went to a single lighter buffet (and removed any F differentiation other than the right to sit at those tables). The buffet improved a bit to be more substantial in the years since but I never saw the true F dining again (as had remained at IAD, BOS, and I believe EWR and ORD - and of course JFK in the CCR). I assume that PHL has recently been like IAD and BOS with no differentiated F offering (though IAD let F passengers sit in the F section) and order-through-the-app burgers or lousy pasta. I imagine the AMEX Centurion lounge upstairs provides better dining at present.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
There is still differentiated dining although AIUI it's fairly minimal; you can view the menus here when the lounge is open:

First: https://phlf.yourmenu.cloud/
Club: https://phlc.yourmenu.cloud/

Make up a table number and the code of the day is the same as the current wifi password.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone, the link to the menus shows as unavailable and I vaguely recall that someone else posted that you needed to be logged in to the lounge wifi to see it. I will try calling YouFirst to see if they can help otherwise I guess we choose to try and eat on the way to the airport which will be inconvenient or take pot luck in the lounge knowing the food on an inbound is not usually good.
Thanks
Old Aug 1, 2022, 11:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ITA Volare Executive
F lounge was basically scraps on the buffet when I flew last month. If there is online ordering then it wasn’t mentioned / advertised / posted on tables. Bubbles was a California sparkling. I wouldn’t get to the airport early just for the lounge.

*edit to fix minor typo
T8191 likes this.

Last edited by EDIwanderer; Aug 1, 2022 at 1:50 pm
Old Aug 1, 2022, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

“Scraps” was our recollection, as shown in my TR photos. On other occasions we used AA lounges, and they were … dismal too on the F&B front. For a major hub, Dom and Int, we were always surprised how poor the lounges were.
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 1:44 pm

Programs: LH Senator BA Silver
Originally Posted by T8191
“Scraps” was our recollection, as shown in my TR photos. On other occasions we used AA lounges, and they were … dismal too on the F&B front. For a major hub, Dom and Int, we were always surprised how poor the lounges were.
I'd concur. I flew to Doha on QR from PHL this past January and used the designated AA lounge. Incredibly underwhelming as I wanted to have dinner before the 21hr departure so I could go straight to sleep on board. My chosen was something unmemorable ordered from the bar. I later left the lounge in search of even a burger but everything in the terminal was closed. Personally, I found PHL to be one of the most disappointing airports in the US. And that's saying a lot!
Old Aug 1, 2022, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Oh dear, we will try and eat on the way and just go to the lounge for a drink whilst we wait to board. Thank you everyone for your replies.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Soupey202
Thanks everyone, the link to the menus shows as unavailable and I vaguely recall that someone else posted that you needed to be logged in to the lounge wifi to see it. I will try calling YouFirst to see if they can help otherwise I guess we choose to try and eat on the way to the airport which will be inconvenient or take pot luck in the lounge knowing the food on an inbound is not usually good.
Thanks
The links are working for me now - you need to access them when the lounges are open, remembering the time difference.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 2:48 pm

Programs: BAEC-GGL, GFL, *A Gold, Hilton Diamond , IHG Diamond/Ambassador
I was there last week. A weak buffet offering. No proper dining. Friendly staff. Good bar.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 2:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Genius1
The links are working for me now - you need to access them when the lounges are open, remembering the time difference.
Thank you I’ll try this evening when they have re-opened.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.