BA Baggage Drop Madrid

Old Aug 1, 22, 5:55 am
Original Poster

BA Baggage Drop Madrid

Does anyone have recent experience of how early BA baggage drop opens for a BA flight from Barajas?
For BA 461 in Club.
Old Aug 1, 22, 6:47 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
That information should be in Manage My Booking, under the flight line, Check-in tab, Other Ways to Check-in.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Aug 1, 22, 7:13 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA
Recently, MAD has been reduced to a 2-hour before departure opening time. A bit short if you ask me, with a large number of passengers connecting onwards with all sorts of requirements, and check-in closing 1 hour before departure, but so be it...
Old Aug 2, 22, 2:15 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Gold
I was on a BA code share/IBERIA flight last Wednesday, and dropped my bag off at the 3-hour mark, with no issues. And only 52 Euros to upgrade on a 350 ... such a deal (and great flight) ...
jonkx likes this.
Old Aug 2, 22, 2:18 am
Original Poster

Thanks both. I checked on manage my booking and it said standard 2 hours for check in, was hoping for earlier as we're constrained by train times arriving in Madrid, but so be it.
Old Aug 2, 22, 3:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Wembleygal View Post
I was on a BA code share/IBERIA flight last Wednesday, and dropped my bag off at the 3-hour mark, with no issues. And only 52 Euros to upgrade on a 350 ... such a deal (and great flight) ...
Thanks, was that a BA or Iberia operated flight?
Old Aug 2, 22, 4:12 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by jonkx View Post
Thanks, was that a BA or Iberia operated flight?
IBERIA metal, but under a BA codeshare booking ...
Old Aug 5, 22, 12:25 am

Programs: Mucci, BA
IB allows you to check-in bags 24 hours before the flight in MAD, for IB operated flights.
Old Nov 4, 22, 11:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold
Hi
Any update on this? Will be on BA461 on Sunday. Staying at the airport the night before so we'd really want to get through to the lounge a lot earlier (like 5h pre-flight). We'll be able to check in online fine but need to drop bags off. MMB suggests desk check in opens 2h pre-flight.
*Just to add - it's technically an IB booking on BA metal (I assume this doesn't make any difference to the check in process, which is under BA)

Last edited by danmushman; Nov 4, 22 at 11:29 am
Old Nov 4, 22, 2:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by danmushman View Post
Hi
Any update on this? Will be on BA461 on Sunday. Staying at the airport the night before so we'd really want to get through to the lounge a lot earlier (like 5h pre-flight). We'll be able to check in online fine but need to drop bags off. MMB suggests desk check in opens 2h pre-flight.
*Just to add - it's technically an IB booking on BA metal (I assume this doesn't make any difference to the check in process, which is under BA)
I went through MAD last week. Arrived 3 hr before our flight to cover any border related issues (there were none all slick outbound). As we went down the club line I heard the person ahead in econ being told they hadnt finished with the previous flight and to go away for 40 to 50 mins

Fortunately they let us check in and drop bags.
danmushman likes this.
Old Nov 6, 22, 5:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold
Just to update for information. We are due to depart MAD LHR at 1750. After staying the night in the T4 Premium Air Rooms (no complaints from us, functional overnight stay) decided to see if we could get checked in just as the 1245 LHR flight closed. So at 1145 with just one person left in the econ queue we asked the queue attendant at the club if we could check in for the evening flight. She said she wasn't sure but would ask the check in agent. Thankfully she checked us in through to our final destination of CPT and we can spend the next 5 hours or so in the lounge rather than air side.
IAMORGAN likes this.

Search this Thread