Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changing your return airport

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2022, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Changing your return airport

Heading LHR to ATX end of September, coming back ATX to LHR 5 October. However, I'm in California on 4 October so now makes far more sense to change the return leg to fly out of LAX or SAN?

Question is, how? You can't do it online. I opened a live chat and BA said you have to go via ticketing. I'm guessing you need to call BA, which is no fun. Any idea which number you'd call to get through relatively quickly?
Old Jul 29, 2022, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Yes you'll need to call as the Chat agents can't take payments / fare differences from my experience. Call up - listen to the into.... and select "change a flight"

In advance you might want to book a dummy itinerary of what you want, as this will give you an idea of the fare difference you may be expected to pay... plus a change fee if relevant.

You may be better to cancel to voucher and re book if you booked before 08/06 and there's penalties to change this
crazyarmadillo likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Yes you'll need to call as the Chat agents can't take payments / fare differences from my experience. Call up - listen to the into.... and select "change a flight"
Thanks. That's what they suggested. And I don't think it's easy or good value either. You might be right on the cancelling and rebooking.
mikeyfly and crazyarmadillo like this.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 9:23 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
I'm guessing ATX is meant to be Austin, TX (AUS) and not Atbasar, Kazakhstan, or that'd be quite the open jaw...

Yes, this will take a call to have the change quoted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.