Wiki Posts
Search

Reason for delay Dubrovnik

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2022, 12:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, BONVOY L/T GOLD,
Reason for delay Dubrovnik

hi, was on the BA2680 to DBV on 21/7. It was delayed heavily due to out of hours crew (found out while boarding on the air bridge) for what would have been an on time departure. Eventually left 3.45 hr late and arrived 3.15 late. Would this be eligible for EU 261?
First if all the captain was out of hours ( would have been on return), then they agreed to night stop the flight, which would put the cabin crew out of hours. So they they had to find new cabin crew)

Thank you!
Old Jul 26, 2022, 3:28 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes that would potentially be in scope. More information in the main EC261 thread.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, BONVOY L/T GOLD,
As an update to this - they are rejecting the claim as they are saying "Whilst your flight was delayed due to the crew being out of hours, this was because of a medical emergency on the previous flight, therefore they needed new crew for your flight causing a further delay. As this was something out of our control, it means you’re not eligible for EU compensation."

Problem is that is potentially not true - the inbound flight was on time; the crew could have come from elsewhere true enough but this is at LHR so presumably someone could have worked it out in advance they would need new crew. We were turned back on the airbridge (after boarding) so was a complete **** show to be honest....

any thoughts?
Old Aug 8, 2022, 11:25 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
On a flight ex LHR I wouldn't buy this. It is very much in their control to have adequate staffing levels to cover such scenarios.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 12:30 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I agree and there are some pointers towards the bottom of the main EC261 thread about this very issue. This would one of those rare cases where I would go to CEDR and then to MCOL if CEDR rejected it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.