Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Advice on what my options are - cancelled flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advice on what my options are - cancelled flight

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2022, 4:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
I'll check it out!

Final query - does Vueling from LGW fall under the cancellation flight options? With a BA flight number
Old Jul 26, 2022, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by noFODplease
I'll check it out!

Final query - does Vueling from LGW fall under the cancellation flight options? With a BA flight number
Yes it does

Actually I don't think it does because its a codeshare operated by a non Oneworld member. VG in itself as a prime flight number isnt part of the standard rebooking policy.

Last edited by 1Aturnleft; Jul 26, 2022 at 4:38 pm
Old Aug 4, 2022, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Sorry to bump an old thread (especially my own thread, at that) but I just had a couple of questions before I call BA to arrange an alternative routing.

Assuming BA allow me to change to EDI as my departure, does the most logical journey seem like EDI-LHR-HEL-ORD-MKE, given that HEL provides 80 TPs? For what it's worth, I can actually do that journey in one day so, logistically, it makes a lot of sense, even if it is a long one. I'm in J though, so I'm confident I can bag a few hours sleep to get me through it. And worth it for the TPs as, with another couple of bookings I have, the extra TPs will get me to Gold, or there or thereabouts - I'd need to do the maths to confirm.

1Aturnleft said that I couldn't do the US west coast then cutback to the Midwest so I was wondering, why do/would they allow me to route east of the UK to HEL, but not do the same thing going west in the US? Not to doubt the statement at all, I just don't really understand what the cut off is. I mean, I assume EDI-DOH-ORD wouldn't be allowed but, what is the cut off for going east before going towards the US?

If anyone has a suggested routing that they think would maximise the TPs earned, then I'd welcome those suggestions also. I only chose HEL because it's the one I read most often about as the extra TPs award.

Thanks
Old Aug 4, 2022, 6:58 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by FT01
Sorry to bump an old thread (especially my own thread, at that) but I just had a couple of questions before I call BA to arrange an alternative routing.

Assuming BA allow me to change to EDI as my departure, does the most logical journey seem like EDI-LHR-HEL-ORD-MKE, given that HEL provides 80 TPs? For what it's worth, I can actually do that journey in one day so, logistically, it makes a lot of sense, even if it is a long one. I'm in J though, so I'm confident I can bag a few hours sleep to get me through it. And worth it for the TPs as, with another couple of bookings I have, the extra TPs will get me to Gold, or there or thereabouts - I'd need to do the maths to confirm.
Broadly speaking your ticket probably has a maximum permitted mileage of about 20% above a sensible routing. I've not done the maths but HEL probably is in scope for that. It is a common way to get extra TPs, but the more usual routing would be EDI-HEL-ORD-MKE. The other thing to consider is something less problematic such as EDI-LHR-JFK-ORD-MKE, which is frankly more sensible. You can try to do things like EDI-LHR-PHL-JFK-BOS-ORD-MKE but the more complicated it gets the more likely that something goes wrong again.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Broadly speaking your ticket probably has a maximum permitted mileage of about 20% above a sensible routing. I've not done the maths but HEL probably is in scope for that. It is a common way to get extra TPs, but the more usual routing would be EDI-HEL-ORD-MKE. The other thing to consider is something less problematic such as EDI-LHR-JFK-ORD-MKE, which is frankly more sensible. You can try to do things like EDI-LHR-PHL-JFK-BOS-ORD-MKE but the more complicated it gets the more likely that something goes wrong again.
I completely forgot there's a direct EDI-HEL flight. I had a look and it lands at 2305, so I'd require an overnight stay going that route. Would that be acceptable to BA, to include an overnight stop?

To continue the journey the next day would actually route HEL-LHR-CLT-MKE, so that would be a healthy 340 TPs one way, by my calculations.

Thanks for your help.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 7:52 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by FT01
I completely forgot there's a direct EDI-HEL flight. I had a look and it lands at 2305, so I'd require an overnight stay going that route. Would that be acceptable to BA, to include an overnight stop?
The overnight is fine, so long as you don't spend more than 24 hours in HEL. I suspect an agent may query EDI-HEL-LHR-USA but it is within the rules.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.