Is Fast Track operating at LHR?

Old Jul 25, 22, 12:01 pm
mtt
Original Poster

Is Fast Track operating at LHR?

Iíve just arrived for an Etihad flight at T4 to find that thereís no premium security so Iím in a 3+ hour queue. Iím literally not even inside the building yet.

Obviously this makes a good part of flying premium pointless so this will be my last flight out of T4.

Is T5 operating normal fast track?
rt23456p likes this.
Old Jul 25, 22, 12:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
No transit fasttrack

Yes there is fasttrack from landside
becks1 likes this.
Old Jul 25, 22, 12:04 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
T5 hasn't had much of this particular problem from landside, and T4 only gets it at peak times. Up to 3 fast track entrances are available at T5, at this time of the evening I would expect 2 to be open, maybe 1. It doesn't greatly matter, it would be unusual for anyone to spend that a few minutes through security without fast track at the moment in T5. It's not really comparable, in that different terminals have different peak times.
becks1 likes this.
Old Jul 25, 22, 12:05 pm

All four fast track options at Terminal 5 are operating (Security North, Security South, First Wing and at Flight Connections). If you are travelling in Club Class and do not have a Gold Card I would recommend using North Fast Track.
Vaclav and Radiation Station like this.
Old Jul 25, 22, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by scottishpoet View Post
No transit fasttrack

Yes there is fasttrack from landside
Fast Track at connections has now reopened.
QT31415, Asuskibum, Markie and 4 others like this.
Old Jul 25, 22, 12:10 pm
mtt
Original Poster

Thanks for all the replies. Iím never coming to T4 again. This place is wild.

Iíve stopped queuing now as itís not really a queue. They pull passengers out of the ďlineĒ when the flights are 40 minutes from departure, which means nobody in the queue actually reaches the front and itís really just a long snaking human holding pen.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Jul 25, 22, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, LX Frequent Traveller, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Accor Silver
T4 does have Fast Track, but it hasnít reopened yet since the terminal reopened - there are significant resourcing challenges.

The queue for security from the front door of the terminal to a security lane is roughly 45-60mins, so not 3 hours, but far from ideal.
Old Jul 26, 22, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by xxxxx View Post
It wasnít open at 7am on Sunday morning this week, but transit security was the fastest I have seen in months. Less than 10 mins, most of that just walking through the empty lines.

Have to say, it was a much improved LHR experience this weekend, much smoother connections and quicker de-planing/boarding processes.
Old Jul 27, 22, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by xxxxx View Post
Does this include if transiting from T5 to T3?
Old Jul 27, 22, 6:57 am

Iíve a T5-T5 DUB-LHR-IAD on Saturday. Would I better to use fast track in flight connections or go landside and use the First wing?
Old Jul 27, 22, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell View Post
Iíve a T5-T5 DUB-LHR-IAD on Saturday. Would I better to use fast track in flight connections or go landside and use the First wing?
It depends on the time of day, as the wild card will be the queue to get through the UK Border. In T5, you can gauge the Border line before you commit to the path you want to take.

With no Fast Track for Flight Connections, I would most likely do the landside transfer.
andymcdonnell likes this.
Old Jul 28, 22, 12:51 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell View Post
Dublin arrivals don't go via the UK Border. Almost certainly landside is the better route, you can leave via a dedicated route from the gate and get to the First Wing in just a few minutes. There may be a small argument for going all the way around to Flight Connections because their deadline for making flights can be a few minutes better than the First Wing, but it you have an hour for the next flight then landside would be best.
KARFA and andymcdonnell like this.

Search this Thread