Community
Wiki Posts
Search

380 F Service

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2022, 3:42 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
Might it be similar (including the variations already mentioned) to US carriers who generally serve first/business from front to back on even numbered flights and vv on odd numbered flights?
Old Jul 25, 2022, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by Bradhattan
Might it be similar (including the variations already mentioned) to US carriers who generally serve first/business from front to back on even numbered flights and vv on odd numbered flights?
Not in the slightest bit similar.
SFO777, flygirl68 and orbitmic like this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Bradhattan
thank goodness not! The us system is among the most ridiculous I know - you first need to remember if the particular airline does it on flight numbers, febo, north south, or it depends if you cross a time zone or not; and then you get to figure out which situation your actual flight is!

i don’t think any other country does it.

for the rest, as mentioned, this should only make a difference on who gets their drink first.. in Tera of meal choices, the norm should be that crew ask for meal preferences of everyone from front to back and note them but then reconcile with loads and prioritise by status, so blue in row 1 might have been able to speak earlier than gold in row 4, but it’s the gold in row 4 who get to eat their preferred dish….
Old Jul 26, 2022, 12:37 am

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by TheJayHatch
Fingers crossed! Clearly much antocipated, given your recent thread
what is happening on 1 August? I must have missed that……
Old Jul 26, 2022, 12:44 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by Can I help you
You can but if we are taking orders they generally work from to back taking orders.
This is my experience also. On one flight they took my order out of sequence as GGL. On the other they started at Row 4.
(Worth noting at LHR they board using Door 1 but disembark using Door 2)
Old Jul 26, 2022, 1:33 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Originally Posted by HFHFFlyer
what is happening on 1 August? I must have missed that……
This post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34448123-post167.html will shed some light
Old Jul 26, 2022, 3:55 am

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by Markie
This is my experience also. On one flight they took my order out of sequence as GGL. On the other they started at Row 4.
(Worth noting at LHR they board using Door 1 but disembark using Door 2)
Yes I have had that where they have quietly come and asked if there is anything in particular I want off the menu but usually its in order and then they reconcile. Generally I try to be nice so if something is a bit short but I am not that fussed about it then I will say don't worry and have something else. However, if curry is onboard I am in the galley like a shot to bagsy it as that goes like lightening and the curry in F is pretty tasty when I have had it!!!!!!!

FD.
flygirl68 likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 5:53 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Flew once on an 8F flight with eight GGLs…..crew were a little perplexed on how to prioritise ;-)
Old Jul 26, 2022, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
They should not be as their is an option on the crew device that will list all customers in a cabin in CIV order.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 6:08 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, Accor Diamond, other airline programmes very basic
Originally Posted by TheJayHatch
Just choosing seats for a 380F trip, a first on this aircraft: I note the galley is at the back. Is service back to front, or front to back?
Thanks.
I've been fortunate enough to fly F on the BA a380 a few times and one thing to be aware of is that if sitting in 1A or 1K there can be a troublesome rattle from the wardrobe doors.
flyerkit and TheJayHatch like this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 6:58 am

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by Koru Flyer
Flew once on an 8F flight with eight GGLs…..crew were a little perplexed on how to prioritise ;-)
All 8 seats taken by GGLs? Wow! Was it a FT do?
DeathSlam likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by Koru Flyer
Originally Posted by BarelyBAGold
I've been fortunate enough to fly F on the BA a380 a few times and one thing to be aware of is that if sitting in 1A or 1K there can be a troublesome rattle from the wardrobe doors.
I agree with this and would add that at least one cupboard under the stairs seems to be used by crew to store personal items. I have been woken in the night by crew members rummaging around for medicines / sweets / books etc.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Can I help you
They should not be as their is an option on the crew device that will list all customers in a cabin in CIV order.
I’d be screwed if that happened in a cabin full of bronzes given my recent lack of flying.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 9:05 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Also depends on how many crew and who is doing what. If lightly loaded, it may be there are only 2 or even 1 crew member. One may stay in the galley & do all the prep, whilst the other is cabin based - so they might do a horseshoe type pass, starting at the rear on the right hand side, forwards, then ending at rear on left. There might be two cabin based crew who might take an aisle each front to back, but if all the pax are seated on LHS one might work say rows 1-3, the other might do 4/5 and so on. There might be a group travelling together who all want to order together or the parents might order for their 4 kids (ie group of 6) who might be spread across cabin.

You might be in row 1 and the crew might intend to start from row 1 but then Mr 2A might walk into the galley before start of service and ask if the crew can save them x or y.

It just depends on the operational factors on the day & I think if you start to second guess it to that degree, the risk is you over think it & lose enjoyment! Trust me as in the early days I’ve been there myself! As a rule of thumb you generally do best the further forward you are. Main point I’d make though is if there is something you’d like or if something isn’t offered and you’d like it, do just politely ask & don’t sit there waiting. For example, if actually you’d prefer the sandwiches off the second service or a dessert etc then just say. The worst you’ll get is a no but crew don’t always have a perfectly functioning crystal ball.
TheJayHatch likes this.

Last edited by IAMORGAN; Jul 26, 2022 at 9:13 am
Old Jul 26, 2022, 9:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
When I was in 1K on the A380 it was front to back, but honestly it's so private it's hard to tell!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.