Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Tier point being added after a Rewards booking

Old Jul 23, 22, 3:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Global Entry

Just noticed, I've had Tier points added for a reward booking, I assume this is an error? (Not that I'm complaining)
Old Jul 23, 22, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Thrifty Scotsman View Post
Just noticed, I've had Tier points added for a reward booking, I assume this is an error? (Not that I'm complaining)

Hi,

Yes it is

Regards

TBS
Old Jul 23, 22, 4:40 am

Programs: BA Silver
Best to keep quiet...
Old Jul 23, 22, 4:40 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Might be a good day to buy a lottery ticket
plunet likes this.
Old Jul 23, 22, 5:09 am

Seems quite common, a "friend" of mine, my their last reward trip with 3 other household members, they all got TP's for either one way or in one case both ways, and it was a F reward as well so a good bonus. In fact it was only my friend that got nothing!
Old Jul 23, 22, 5:13 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Shush !
Old Jul 23, 22, 5:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
End thread. We don't need to hear examples.
Old Jul 23, 22, 5:37 am

The first rule of incorrectly awarded Tier Points Club is?
Old Jul 23, 22, 5:44 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
It always amazes me that people want to publicly report a bank error in their favour, but equally, I guess there's no point knowing a secret if you can't tell anyone
Old Jul 23, 22, 5:47 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gcuk View Post
It always amazes me that people want to publicly report a bank error in their favour, but I guess no point knowing a secret if you can't tell anyone
It isn't an unreasonable query, it's hardly highlighting a loophole which could be exploited by others. And as you note, it's not like BA could identify the OP from here even if they were monitoring the forum with a view to spotting and reversing minor mistakes like this.
aquanine, rolandrat, TTmex and 4 others like this.
Old Jul 23, 22, 6:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I'd feel no guilt at bank favors after the number of times the Avios estore has failed to credit genuine purchases, Sainsburys especially. Just enjoy them if and when they happen
Old Jul 23, 22, 6:25 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
It isn't an unreasonable query, it's hardly highlighting a loophole which could be exploited by others. And as you note, it's not like BA could identify the OP from here even if they were monitoring the forum with a view to spotting and reversing minor mistakes like this.
I'm sure their IT department is more than capable of running a data query of all reward flights where TPs awarded >0

Oh... wait...
Old Jul 23, 22, 6:28 am

I could mention real bank errors in my favour from BA involving real cash, but Im too scared now. I felt more guilt years ago realising I left a magazine at the bottom of my shopping trolley without paying, I dont expect Tesco's will come and get me now, will they?
Old Jul 23, 22, 6:53 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Shhhh! Those in the know; know when to keep quiet about certain anomalies in the system...
Deckter and efincomputer like this.
Old Jul 23, 22, 7:02 am

Programs: Silver, Some red card and some hotel cards.
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
More likely do that than award the double tier points on holiday bookings in a timely manner....

Search this Thread