Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Rant - paid seat selection: what’s the point?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rant - paid seat selection: what’s the point?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2022, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Shangri-La Golden Circle Elite, Hyatt Diamond
Well to confirm the seats were indeed deemed defective but looks like they’ve all been fixed now and I was able to move forward but not to the original seat.

I arrived around 19.40, 3 counters at club checkin and Zero people at south fast track. Where are these queues and I should thank Heathrow express for the delay as it may have helped speed through.

all good but the menu is crap
Old Jul 21, 2022, 3:37 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Marriott Platinum
I had a similar situation flying AUS-LHR last month. Paid for 3 seats together back in January only to find one shifted at online check-in. ExpertFlyer said seat was blocked but there was someone (happened to be an Olympic athlete) in the seat when we boarded.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by Greenpen
Aren’t babies put in special seats with bassinets? I thought some seats were specifically reserved for babies regardless of anyone booking them.
Not always. Since we've started flying with the baby, I haven't had the option. Our baby has been on our lap or in a baby carrier. I've had zero luck getting a bassinet although it isn't needed now, it would've been nice to have at the start. If there were seats reserved for babies (fitting our needs perfectly), they sure wasn't ours and we were constantly moved at check-in to different seats that I'd deem unsuitable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.