Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cash flight ineligible for tier points

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2022, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Cash flight ineligible for tier points

I booked a return flight LHR-LCA and flew both legs, returning last week.

I've just checked and I have received the tier points and Avios for my first flight, but I haven't for the second flight.

Looking further in to the flights, the first flight was fare class R and the second was fare flight U.

I think U is a reward booking fare but I paid cash for the return ticket, so I'm not sure how this has happened.

Is there anything I can do about it?

Thanks
Old Jul 20, 2022, 1:16 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
How did you book that one (TA, BA.com, ...)?
Did you book it as Business outright or was this an upgrade from Economy?
Old Jul 20, 2022, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

It was booked on BA.com and it was business outright.

I've tried filling in the missing Avios form and it returns an error telling me to check my ticket number.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 1:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by lc10

I've tried filling in the missing Avios form and it returns an error telling me to check my ticket number.
The error and check you ticket number is a recurring issue at the moment

@BAMissingAvios any ideas?
Old Jul 20, 2022, 1:32 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
You don't happen to have the eticket on hand, right?
The one that actually gives you the corresponding fare basis.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 1:33 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer

Was your flight cancelled / changed after initial booking?
Old Jul 20, 2022, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Chiller3333
You don't happen to have the eticket on hand, right?
The one that actually gives you the corresponding fare basis.
I have the email e-ticket but I can't see a fare cost breakdown in there, only the taxes/fees/charges breakdown.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Was your flight cancelled / changed after initial booking?
No nothing was changed.

One thing I've thought of that might be relevant is that I was flying with 2 family members with the same surname that were on a separate rewards booking(which I booked for them) is it possible for them to have become mixed up somehow, we're in the same household account.

I'm trying to find out if one of them has received Avios for their return leg.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 1:54 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
U is indeed a redemption bucket, so no TPs and Avios, but people can end up in there by mistake after a cancellation and rebook; also it's used for POUG and AUPs which do get TPs - there's a marker which picks up that sort of upgrade. What you are reporting is that somehow you have ended up using the redemption ticket on your trip, and so no TPs / Avios.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

U is indeed a redemption bucket, so no TPs and Avios, but people can end up in there by mistake after a cancellation and rebook; also it's used for POUG and AUPs which do get TPs - there's a marker which picks up that sort of upgrade. What you are reporting is that somehow you have ended up using the redemption ticket on your trip, and so no TPs / Avios.
I've been looking in to it a bit more.

I have 2 e-tickets.

1 is mine and has both my legs on it and is only in my name
1 is for my mum and brother and has both of their legs on it and only their names.

I booked all the flights.

My outward leg has my booking reference on it, and my inward leg has my mums/brothers booking reference on it. Somehow the 2 have become mixed up, but I'm struggling to work out how.

I've now found another form to fill in (after putting the incorrect ticket number in a few times it gave me another option) so hopefully it can be sorted out.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 2:16 pm

My outward leg has my booking reference on it, and my inward leg has my mums/brothers booking reference on it. Somehow the 2 have become mixed up, but I'm struggling to work out how.
What has happened is that your relatives had your frequent flyer number on their booking, and this is now presumed against your accounr rather than your PNR - which would probably be rejected unless you get rid of that booking. A telephone call to BAEC with the ticket numbers and PNR should make it clear what has happened and allow them to unravel this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

What has happened is that your relatives had your frequent flyer number on their booking, and this is now presumed against your accounr rather than your PNR - which would probably be rejected unless you get rid of that booking. A telephone call to BAEC with the ticket numbers and PNR should make it clear what has happened and allow them to unravel this.
Thanks, I'll give them a call tomorrow
Old Jul 20, 2022, 10:39 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I wonder does the FF number matching only attach the surname ? Curious how that part of system works
Old Jul 21, 2022, 1:59 am

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
I wonder does the FF number matching only attach the surname ? Curious how that part of system works
A long time ago, back when I was around 18 my dad’s gold card would attach to my bookings and I would blag into the lounge and get op-upped fairly regularly. This was the 90s though.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 2:05 am

Thinking back, this happy time came to an end when I was op upped at check in and went to the lounge, the staffer was clearly more eagles eyed than most, asked to see my card, (which i didn’t have, of course) smelled a rat and went and made some corrections at the system. No lounge and I was given a new boarding pass at the gate and sent to the back of the bus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.