Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Is a "staying airside" B2B possible from Dublin?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2022, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL, CCR, Virgin Gold

Hi all, and apologies if this has been asked/answered already.
Is it possible: to arrive into Dublin on a BA service from LHR (+ HBO), to stay airside & re-board the same plane to return to LHR? Failing that, is there an airside option for connecting passengers, or is the only option to clear immigration & re-enter back through security?
Old Jul 20, 2022, 7:51 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by dbthebolt
Hi all, and apologies if this has been asked/answered already.
Is it possible: to arrive into Dublin on a BA service from LHR (+ HBO), to stay airside & re-board the same plane to return to LHR? Failing that, is there an airside option for connecting passengers, or is the only option to clear immigration & re-enter back through security?
Sadly on T1 services you need to clear immigration and security to return to the gate, there is no airside transfer route.

Pilot37
KARFA and becks1 like this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
No. There was a brief period when it was off and on again. However, it's exit to landside and back through security
orbitmic likes this.
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
And the main thread for this is the back to back thread, the recent post in particular, which you will find via the BA Forum Dashbard. Right now DUB isn't a safe B2B location.
orbitmic and becks1 like this.
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I really would not advise you try a b2b at DUB currently.
orbitmic and becks1 like this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL, CCR, Virgin Gold
Thanks all for the sound advice.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
The savings exDUB on Rewards are now huge (circa Ł1000 for two) so I'd still do exDUB, but position night before and grab a cheapo hotel
Old Jul 20, 2022, 8:34 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
The savings exDUB on Rewards are now huge (circa Ł1000 for two) so I'd still do exDUB, but position night before and grab a cheapo hotel
There's a Radisson on the airport grounds if you want to make this as easy as possible.
mikeyfly and becks1 like this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Pilot37
Sadly on T1 services you need to clear immigration and security to return to the gate, there is no airside transfer route.

Pilot37
I didn't think it is possible on T2 services either or am I wrong on that?
Old Jul 20, 2022, 9:35 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Today’s Head for Points article about the 51st & Green lounge at Dublin talks about flying Aer Lingus and following signs for ‘Connecting Flights’, so maybe it’s only possible from T2.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 9:41 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
Today’s Head for Points article about the 51st & Green lounge at Dublin talks about flying Aer Lingus and following signs for ‘Connecting Flights’, so maybe it’s only possible from T2.
T2 has a flight connections route (see link below), which a family member took a few weeks ago, so I've asked how exactly it worked and will report back. Sadly with BA only going into T1 (and no sign of moving to T2) and EI aircraft not being dedicated to a B2B on the DUB-LON routes, it is a somewhat useless route for anybody trying to use DUB for a BA B2B. Perhaps for anybody positioning via EI into DUB to catch a BA flight out to start a journey and who has their BA boarding card saved down it is helpful as T1 & T2 are connected airside.

https://www.dublinairport.com/docs/d...rsn=e983b36f_4

Pilot37
KARFA, MaxFlyer and orbitmic like this.

Last edited by Pilot37; Jul 20, 2022 at 9:51 am
Old Jul 20, 2022, 9:43 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
[redundant]
Old Jul 20, 2022, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I didn't think it is possible on T2 services either or am I wrong on that?
You are – arriving into T2 there is a turn-off halfway along the arrivals corridor for connecting passengers. There's an EI transfer desk there and a boarding pass scan. You then go down one level and through a (usually deserted) passport check, before coming out airside with no further security check in the gate 409 vicinity. Most passengers are at this stage heading to USCBP, but you can take a right and head up the escalators back to the shopping area, then follow signs for gates 101-335 which will take you to T1 airside.

How much "better" this is is debatable.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 4:07 pm

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by steveholt
There's a Radisson on the airport grounds if you want to make this as easy as possible.
Decent hotel in the refurbished rooms but prices for DUB hotels have been ridiculously expensive this year (like everything else!). Apparently a few of the IHG options haven't reopened,
becks1 likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
This is an option but not sure it's necessary. I wouldn't risk a B2B but made a 2hr connection landside with plenty of time, just a couple of weeks ago

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.