BA AMS lounge permanently closed

Old Jul 20, 22, 9:01 am

Programs: BAEC
This is such disappointing news, if true.
SxMan likes this.

Programs: Mucci - Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
While the AMS lounge was not exactly an amazing experience, it definitely beat the third party ones.
I guess all outstation BA lounges are slowly going away, sadly - I still have fond memories of the CPH BA lounge back in the days before it was turned into yet another duty free

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, Marriott Ti, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card
Am I the only one who always just used PP to go to Aspire anyway? The F&B selection was absolutely dire in that BA lounge.
Old Jul 20, 22, 9:19 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Wozza2404 View Post
Am I the only one who always just used PP to go to Aspire anyway? The F&B selection was absolutely dire in that BA lounge.
I was just going to say the same! The Aspire lounge was better than the BA lounge in my experience.

Saying that, the only time I used the BA lounge was when they accepted PP for a week while the Aspire lounge was being done up. The "dragon" was very miffed with having to accept the riff-raff
jonkx likes this.
Old Jul 20, 22, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by ajamieson View Post
So the only BA lounges left outside LHR and LGW are now BHD, EDI, GLA, GVA, LIN and FCO?
BA used to have a PFO lounge which was actually not bad at all. Then they gave it up, but BA CE flyers still got free access. Problem is, it become a pay-for-access lounge with no priority. I remember twice turning up and being told my BA CE flight made no difference if the lounge was full, so turned away.

On the same BA flight home, boarded the plane in 1A, as Gold, to be then told by crew that there weren't enough meals loaded and they were prioritising families (who had been upgraded from economy for free....), so didn't get to eat anything in the lounge nor a meal on the plane - I was fuming.
becks1 likes this.
Old Jul 20, 22, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
When BA reopened Singapore, it said "all of our lounges have now reopened". De facto, this was the annoucement that Amsterdam had gone.
Old Jul 20, 22, 10:41 am

Programs: QF Plat & LTG, VA Plat
I felt it was better up until some time in 2019 when they changed the catering contract and then it went downhill. I still think its a mistake for them to not have a branded presence in a key business city that is one of their biggest competitors hub. Disappointing and short sighted.
Old Jul 20, 22, 10:43 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, Marriott Ti, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card
Originally Posted by justin_krusty View Post
I felt it was better up until some time in 2019 when they changed the catering contract and then it went downhill. I still think its a mistake for them to not have a branded presence in a key business city that is one of their biggest competitors hub. Disappointing and short sighted.
IIRC it had a refurb - was nice for a week or two and then it went downhill rapidly from there.

The last time I was in there the food selection was individually packaged stroopwaffels or some crisps and crackers.
justin_krusty likes this.
Old Jul 20, 22, 10:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by justin_krusty View Post
Wasn't the culinary highlight from the BA lounge at AMS peperami sticks?
Old Jul 20, 22, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, LX Frequent Traveller, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
BHD isn't a BA lounge anymore, that changed just before covid i think.

ABZ is still a BA lounge.

JER is odd, it is still a BA branded lounge, but isn't actually a BA lounge.
JER is not a BA branded lounge - it might have a BA tail fin behind the desk but that is some dodgy third party operator effort at aligning with the airline. The lounge is called The Executive Lounge Jersey, and is listed as a third party lounge on the oneworld website.

When BA dropped the lounge, the Terraces branding was removed (in name and in interior design).

The AMS lounge is the first Galleries Evolution lounge to be permanently closed.
KARFA likes this.

Last edited by Genius1; Jul 20, 22 at 11:21 am
Old Jul 20, 22, 11:28 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Tit/ LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold
The BA AMS lounge wasn't all that, but I think we'll soon miss the space when everyone is packed into Aspire/ waiting outside on a "one in one out" type arrangement. I wonder if the shift to Aspire might just be a stepping stone towards more destinations without lounge access altogether.
bafan likes this.
Old Jul 20, 22, 11:34 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by chriswiles View Post
On the same BA flight home, boarded the plane in 1A, as Gold, to be then told by crew that there weren't enough meals loaded and they were prioritising families (who had been upgraded from economy for free....), so didn't get to eat anything in the lounge nor a meal on the plane - I was fuming.
Fuming? The fur would have really flown if they tried to pull that stunt with me. When was this - I wonder who these families were. The reason that there were not enough meals is that they had been upgraded I do not doubt.
Old Jul 20, 22, 11:56 am

Programs: BA GGL, Carlson Gold Elite, Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond.
So, are BA PAX being accepted into Aspire just like when it was in refurb?
Old Jul 20, 22, 12:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete View Post
The BA AMS lounge wasn't all that, but I think we'll soon miss the space when everyone is packed into Aspire/ waiting outside on a "one in one out" type arrangement. I wonder if the shift to Aspire might just be a stepping stone towards more destinations without lounge access altogether.
Another death nail in the priority pass coffin. Another lounge that holders won't be able to get into due to overcrowding.
Old Jul 20, 22, 12:03 pm

100% this, but at least it wasnt crowded. BA seems to be giving up on making itself anything special. EasyJet plus PP gets your basically same thing most of the time for short hauls.

Search this Thread