BA AMS lounge permanently closed

Old Dec 15, 2023, 2:02 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Yellowbelly
Currently sat in Cafe Flor, still quiet at this time of the morning. I asked the lady on reception when the refurbished lounge was due to reopen and the latest news she had was March 2024! Better be impressive after all this time.
Blimey! The Dutch will have formed a Government quicker than that
Old Dec 15, 2023, 3:09 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Originally Posted by Yellowbelly
Currently sat in Cafe Flor, still quiet at this time of the morning. I asked the lady on reception when the refurbished lounge was due to reopen and the latest news she had was March 2024! Better be impressive after all this time.
The Cathay lounge at T3 was delayed similarly so…
Old Dec 31, 2023, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Stopped by this lounge around 10:45am and although it was clearly not full, they were not allowing anyone to enter since they were supposedly at capacity. They said you could join a wait list but I was number 47 so I left and went to Starbucks.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 4:17 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
They said you could join a wait list but I was number 47 so I left and went to Starbucks.
AIUI the waitlist is for entry via lounge membership programmes; eligible BA passengers should be allowed entry without joining the waitlist. Probably too late for you now though unfortunately?
Old Jan 10, 2024, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SleepySynapse
AIUI the waitlist is for entry via lounge membership programmes; eligible BA passengers should be allowed entry without joining the waitlist. Probably too late for you now though unfortunately?
Yeah, I tried talking to the lounge agent about being OWE and although she was friendly, it was very clear--EVERYONE that wanted entry was going on the waitlist.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 12:25 am

Programs: BA; IHG; LHW; Hilton
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Yeah, I tried talking to the lounge agent about being OWE and although she was friendly, it was very clear--EVERYONE that wanted entry was going on the waitlist.
… and one can’t even kill time now by using the smoking booths. I’ve completely given up with Schiphol, and Rotterdam is now my go-to Dutch airport. So much more civilised.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by SxMan
… and one can’t even kill time now by using the smoking booths. I’ve completely given up with Schiphol, and Rotterdam is now my go-to Dutch airport. So much more civilised.
Totally agree but it would be so much better if BA restored the LHR/Rotterdam service.
SxMan likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 10:47 am
Original Member

Programs: One World
Yesterday overheard the staff talking about the opening of the refurbished lounge (AMS) sometime in February.........
MaxFlyer and EDDLEGLL like this.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 2:53 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Business Traveller today has a story about the new oneworld branded lounge in Seoul Incheon (ICN). Though there have been some partnerships within oneworld elsewhere (e.g. LAX and previously HKG) this is the first time that oneworld has a lounge which isn't obviously run by one airline. There are some photos in BT, and also a few more on the oneworld website - look towards the bottom of the lounges area for a detailed write-up.. There are 7 oneworld airlines at ICN, BA currently is not one of them.

What has this to do with AMS? Well the actual operator of ICN is Aspire, and BT has repeated a rumour - mentioned upthread - that when the AMS lounge eventually opens (next month?) it too will be a oneworld branded lounge, the second such venue. We already know that Aspire (AKA Swissport) is going to operate AMS. It may explain the delay here, if ICN had to open first. However the caveat is that this is a small world and one rumour circulating among a relatively small number of people does not make it necessarily true.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 3:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Platinum, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
SNIP

However the caveat is that this is a small world and one rumour circulating among a relatively small number of people does not make it necessarily true.
When did that ever stop Flyertalkers turning speculation into fact? It's good enough for me. Thanks for the update .
BA or bust likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 3:57 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Wasn’t that aspire lounge the only non Schengen pp lounge? I think it would be odd to have a oneworld branded lounge where so many of the patrons were not on oneworld.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 4:51 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes, that lounge was behind the BA lounge in the original setup. I think it may be split again, hopefully oneworld on the apron side, standard Aspire at the back.
HadesNL, KARFA, Lefly and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 11:59 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
https://www.schiphol.nl/en/page/airline-lounges/
https://www.schiphol.nl/en/blog/schi...s%20travellers.

If looking at it simple:
Amsterdam Schiphol airport

Schengen at
T1
Amount of lounges offered 3x
- KLM Crowne Lounge (25)
- Aspire (26)
- Star Alliance lounge

If merely by observing how Star Alliance has negotiated with Aspire to handle the F&B offering / operations for their Schengen themed lounge. And how Aspire has built this new lounge in layout and style.
Star Alliance lounge Amsterdam AMS
And the differences...... the joint Schengen kitchen operated by Aspire serves both their own Schengen Aspire lounge + Schengen Star Alliance lounge ...
The first getting cold items only, the latter gets hot items extra (due to Star Alliance larger budget spend on Aspire operating the lounge j
I expect a similair set up will be used for Non Schengen T3

Non Schengen at
T3/T2
Amount of lounges offered now :
- KLM Crowne Lounge (52)

And for the future
- Aspire running OR
* oneworld lounge exclusively (as in ICN )
* oneworld lounge + Aspire lounge ( as similair situation in Schengen T1 with Star Alliance lounge + Aspire lounge fuelled by joint kitchen operated by Aspire management)

as corporate-wage-slave has noted

There are some other lounges but these are of a different kind....
Spoiler

Unfortunately AMS is doing a lot of refurbishment works at the same time,
space is limited,
as AMS is a Skyteam hub
we as Dutchies are not blessed with multiple luxury lounges as LHR T3 / T2 or lots of pay to use / priority pass contract lounges as in SIN / BKK.

Last edited by HadesNL; Jan 23, 2024 at 12:38 am
Old Jan 23, 2024, 12:20 am

Programs: BA GGL
These rumours might in part explain the reference to „we are working on exciting development plans“ on the notice posted at the door of the BA lounge (see further up in this thread) when it closed.
BA or bust, Genius1 and HadesNL like this.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 3:44 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by EDDLEGLL
These rumours might in part explain the reference to „we are working on exciting development plans“ on the notice posted at the door of the BA lounge (see further up in this thread) when it closed.
I believe that sign is still there, at least 1 year after it closed
EDDLEGLL likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.