Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by Reanimation
Yeah, if you look at a random Monday in the winter schedule:

1x CX (12:30)
2x QR (12:35, 15:15)
1x AA (13:05)
1x AT (17:15)

This is in addition to 19x BA.

There is however a clear peak for Oneworld lounge access between 10:00 and 15:00. Maybe they could open it up to Priority Pass after 15:00.
Right [we did this upthread a while ago]. The only thing that's changed since the lounge closed is AT joining though. Not sure if QR is 2 daily year round - the second flight has come and gone from what I've seen, but I'm guessing at some point it'll stick. AA are double daily in Summer too - but that's the same as pre-pandemic [when the DFW flight was a 772 rather than the 789]. All the other departures had access in the Before Times too - so maybe it comes down to actually being the designated lounge for those flights rather than just being an option for those in the know?

I'd rather there weren't PP access - I've only seen the Aspire lounge line-out-the-door rammed as it tries to serve both designated airlines and every Leftpondian with a credit card.

Originally Posted by Ghrycllwl
Before COVID there was an official announcement by Oneworld that a series of alliance branded lounges would open at various airports, but nothing substantive has happened since.
Indeed, and AMS would seem like a major enough airport to qualify for consideration. I presume when they made that announcement they didn't actually have any plans they thought were progressed enough to give details on, but I can't see much need for secrecy if we are actually two months away from the first one opening.
Old Sep 4, 2023, 8:25 am

Programs: BA Silver / IHG Platinum Elite / Pan Pacific Gold / Hilton Silver / Accor Silver
Originally Posted by EDDLEGLL
The Café Flor set up is really not bad. I appreciate the proximity to the BA gates (and the fact that it’s literally on the way), the bar is efficient, and the snacks are ok.

You won’t find extensive hot dining options, but in line with local customs, it has got everything you need (“koffiemaaltijd”)
It was a godsend when we were in AMS the day that NATS fell over, that's for sure.

I did notice they turned a lot of people away, even when there were quite a few tables free, presumably 3rd party card holders. A few didn't take the refusal too well (dinner and a show).
SxMan and EDDLEGLL like this.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 11:09 pm

Lounge & Poste Restante?

I'm going to be flying from Kazakhstan on Air Astana to AMS in October and then out about 10 hours later on BA to LCY, both in business class. (I planned the long layover so that I can run some errands in town that day.) While I'm in the EU, I'm hoping I can collect a parcel to be shipped from Germany.

Therefore, I have two questions:
(i) is there a proper lounge for BA business-class passengers in AMS (besides the Cafe Flor situation), and
(ii) is there anywhere in AMS that will receive poste restante parcels? (I was rather hoping that the BA lounge might so that I could collect it on my way through, but I'm guessing that's not an option...)

If there's no airport poste restante option, I'd be mighty grateful to anyone who'd be so kind as to share thoughts on how to organize it near the town center! Thank you!

P.S.--No, it's not drugs. I want to buy a wooden toy that apparently comes in a rather large box, and the merchant will ship to neither Texas nor the UK.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 11:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Flying Blue Gold
The only lounge is the cafe flor situation for now unfortunately. There is an airside hotel if you want someone to sleep though (Yotel), or if you enter the country there are plenty of hotels around Schiphol.

Otherwise Schiphol has quite a lot of restaurants etc to keep you busy.

For parcels pretty sure no where airside to receive parcels, as you'd need to clear security with it. If you go landside there is a postnl service centre that I am pretty sure you can get parcels delivered to.
Old Sep 7, 2023, 8:30 am

Thanks for that! My research on a post center has indicated that there's only an orange box for outgoing letters and postcards. I'm happy to go landside (indeed, I expect to be heading in to town), so I'll try to figure out how a local post office might handle poste restante.

Thanks for your help!
Old Sep 7, 2023, 9:43 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by RiverStyx
I'll try to figure out how a local post office might handle poste restante.
You'll struggle to find a post office in NL given that the last one closed more than a decade ago. PostNL only operates as a kiosk on a counter now in supermarkets/stationery stores/florists etc. In theory you can send poste restante to any of them with your name on and their address, not sure most will know what to do with it though...
Old Sep 7, 2023, 10:25 am

Programs: Mucci Platinum Hairbrush des Bonnes Nouvelles. BA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, AA LTS, KL LTPt, Easy Flight Club
Originally Posted by Airprox
You'll struggle to find a post office in NL given that the last one closed more than a decade ago. PostNL only operates as a kiosk on a counter now in supermarkets/stationery stores/florists etc. In theory you can send poste restante to any of them with your name on and their address, not sure most will know what to do with it though...
RiverStyx There is a “proper” post office at Westerstraat 58 in the Jordaan. They do accept parcels for collection and the staff are very helpful in my experience.
Old Sep 9, 2023, 1:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Platinum, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Currently in Cafe Flor and it's not too bad. I was not sure if I'd get in to this third-party lounge as my AMS-LGW BA economy boarding pass shows me as BAEC Blue and my access is granted by my Cathay Gold status. But the woman at the gate knew how to deal with this and let me in no problem. Unlike the Lounge Demon this morning at BA's lounge in LHR T5 where I was almost denied entry on my LHR-AMS economy ticket with accompanying proof of Cathay Gold status. He really wanted to issue me a new boarding pass with the CX number on it so he could scan it and I refused to let him do that as I'm transitioning from Cathay Gold to BA Silver at the moment and need the BA metal flights without risk. That's the only reason I'm doing a day trip here today.

Anyway, the food here is three types of mixed mayo salad (coleslaw, potato, gherkin) with cheese, ham, and bread rolls. Reasonable quality but clearly not (intended to be) a hot meal. Three types of white wine, three reds, branded spirits, all self serve. Friendly staff. I just wanted to get tanked up before my delayed flight back to the UK so it was fine. Lounge is surprisingly busy so I guess quite a few airlines are using it. New time I'm here I'll be BA Silver and the new OneWorld lounge should have opened so this is probably my one and only visit to Cafe Flor.
BA or bust likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 7:14 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club - Silver, Nectar, Tesco
Out of curiosity, whats the latest with the refurbishment works there?
Old Oct 11, 2023, 5:36 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Anyone heading to Flor who finds it too busy in there, you can also go to Frames, which is much nearer the old BA/Menzies lounges- just up the escalator and past the newsagent.

I decided to head there on my last AMS visit, as Flor was absolutely rammed, even though it meant a walk back to the main terminal from the D pier. It was a lot quieter, though that doesn't mean it would get busier at other times of the day. The advantage of Flor is that is it near the D pier BA departure gates, but for me the additional 5 minutes' walk is worth it if the environment is much nicer, which it was on that occasion. Also there was a hot stew/curry like dish available in Frames as well (though I didn't eat it myself) so maybe even the catering is a notch above Flor, where I tend to only see cold food and those mini pies.
Old Oct 11, 2023, 6:01 am

Programs: BA GGL
You’re right in that Frames often serves hot food when Cafe Flor does not. It’s often pretty crowded as well though.

I don’t think that you can access Frames by means of your BA status or business class ticket.

They accept Priority Pass, but depending on how busy it is, they might ask you to scan a QR code and to join a virtual queue.
Old Oct 11, 2023, 6:17 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by EDDLEGLL
You’re right in that Frames often serves hot food when Cafe Flor does not. It’s often pretty crowded as well though.

I don’t think that you can access Frames by means of your BA status or business class ticket.

They accept Priority Pass, but depending on how busy it is, they might ask you to scan a QR code and to join a virtual queue.
I did get in just with my BA status. It was a Sunday afternoon and Flor was rammed, so maybe they made an exception for me, or maybe they were relaxed because it was a quiet time.
EDDLEGLL likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2023, 9:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
Had the unfortunate opportunity to visit Flor today. Walked in and promptly left - completely packed and not conducive to a relaxing experience.

Went to Starbucks next door and I might put the receipt in to BA….
Old Nov 10, 2023, 1:33 am

Programs: Yes
Considering that it is now the mooted “November” timeframe (and selfishly because I’ve got a flight from AMS in December) - does anyone have any hunch regarding any changes?
Nick_USA likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2023, 2:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by Quark999
Considering that it is now the mooted “November” timeframe (and selfishly because I’ve got a flight from AMS in December) - does anyone have any hunch regarding any changes?
They didn't say what year!

Like many I would love for the new lounge to open.
Quark999, HadesNL and SxMan like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.