BA AMS lounge permanently closed

Old Apr 17, 2023, 3:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by a380fan
Out of curiosity why would you think there would be a oneworld lounge? Don't get me wrong would be amazing, curious whether you've heard anything.

Admittedly I would be surprised, there's a lot of non-oneworld airlines that use the aspire lounge.
What I meant was speculating on whether it will be the lounge Oneworld airlines would direct passengers to. I know nothing about Schiphol but am interested to know what the deal will be when the Aspire lounge reopens as I have a few flight connections through it later in the year.
Old Apr 17, 2023, 3:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
A Onw World lounge would be welcome, but that would presumably have to be somewhere else in the airport, as otherwise where would all the non OW and non Skyteam elites and business flyers go? So I strongly suspect it will be just another third party Aspire lounge, though they might use the old BA lounge as an extension??
Old Apr 18, 2023, 5:29 am

Programs: BA Gold; Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by wb1969
What I meant was speculating on whether it will be the lounge Oneworld airlines would direct passengers to. I know nothing about Schiphol but am interested to know what the deal will be when the Aspire lounge reopens as I have a few flight connections through it later in the year.
Ah understood, was kinda hoping you'd heard something. Unfortunately Schiphol is very lounge poor, especially on the non-schengen side. This is the only lounge aside from KLM, and the Privium lounge. So will almost certainly return to being an Aspire lounge. It will almost certainly be the place that BA/Oneworld will continue to send it's guests.

Hopefully they will take over the old BA lounge, and perhaps even the hallway area removing the Schiphol toilets to make a much larger lounge. Perhaps that is over optimistic though
Old May 2, 2023, 8:53 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Not much to see atm, but it does appear things are being done in the finer ba lounge space

HadesNL likes this.
Old May 2, 2023, 9:00 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club - Silver, Nectar, Tesco
Have they knocked through the wall from the old BA area to the Aspire?
Old May 2, 2023, 9:15 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by IJN Harekaze
Have they knocked through the wall from the old BA area to the Aspire?
Impossible to tell from that photo- looks all the same at the moment doesn't it? I am doing more trips to RTM these days, as it is much more convenient for my recent work matters, but I will be routing through AMS in June so hope to have a mooch around then and see what's going on with the lounge.
Old May 2, 2023, 9:20 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Thanks for update, the suspense is killing me !
Or maybe i should prepare for the anti-climax....

Would be fun though if only the wall seperating BA/Aspire lounge is torn out and both interiors stay exactly the same with their orginal furniture ...
Old May 2, 2023, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by South London Bon Viveur
Impossible to tell from that photo- looks all the same at the moment doesn't it? I am doing more trips to RTM these days, as it is much more convenient for my recent work matters, but I will be routing through AMS in June so hope to have a mooch around then and see what's going on with the lounge.
Fortunately AMS is much better these days and we havenít returned to the horrific queues of last year (so far!).
Old May 2, 2023, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Fortunately AMS is much better these days and we havenít returned to the horrific queues of last year (so far!).
There was a major queue just before Aspire closed as it stretched all the way back to the lifts and they were turning people away
Old May 2, 2023, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by IJN Harekaze
There was a major queue just before Aspire closed as it stretched all the way back to the lifts and they were turning people away
ok, well I should have said excluding the lounge

tbh I often didnít bother with the aspire due to issues like that
Old May 2, 2023, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
ok, well I should have said excluding the lounge

tbh I often didnít bother with the aspire due to issues like that
Ah... Fair enough - I thought you meant the lounge

I did travel last year with my father the day before the late Sovereign lady Queen Elizabeth II of blessed and glorious memory passed away - the queue was terrible with at least a 45 minute wait when joining the line for security. To the credit of AMS staff though, they frequently pulled out the less able and took them directly to the front of the line
Old May 7, 2023, 8:44 am

In september last year, I was talking to ba ops staff and complaining about the aspire lounge(lounge staff was very rude and more meant as feedback to BA). They told me that they get complaints all the time and were working on a separate oneworld lounge, but operated by aspire in the old ba lounge. Looks like it might be happening based on the photo.
fotoflyer88, VFR, SxMan and 1 others like this.
Old May 20, 2023, 5:37 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
Any recent reports of access to Cafe Frames or Cafe Flor? If flying on Aer Lingus, but have priority pass - it appears both of these would be viable options? (Since I won't have OWE access as not a BA ticket). Will be before July 1st, sadly.
Old May 31, 2023, 1:49 pm

Programs: BAEC (Silver) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
Returning from AMS a week on Sat and looked on the Priority Pass website (thanks to OH's Reward Gold AMEX) and first option listed was the British Airways Lounge

Odd as the OW website still lists the Cafe Flor

Any local update?
SxMan likes this.
Old May 31, 2023, 2:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Flying Blue Gold
Pretty sure the BA lounge has always been a priority pass lounge, and its still stated as temporarily closed. I would guess this is a case that it's not removed from priority pass website more than anything. But would be happy to be proven wrong.

FWIW I was inspired to check the Schiphol website: https://www.schiphol.nl/en/page/airline-lounges/ all mentions of the BA lounge have now been removed, only mentioning KLM and Aspire lounges,
Delboy65 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.