Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2nd Leg Cancelled

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2022, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

2nd Leg Cancelled

Just been advised that the second leg of our return flight has been cancelled- if we do nothing, will our first leg be cancelled too or should that be ok if we just turn up to the airport?

We're flying CUN to LGW and then LHR to GLA under the same booking reference and it's just the GLA leg that's been cancelled. I'm fine to sort out another domestic option, but don't want to rebook the Cancun flight as already made seat reservations etc. Would ideally fly the Cancun flight and then cancel the remaining leg.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 3:40 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond
Is this the very last leg on the booking, and there are no other segments to fly either outbound or return? If so you should be fine to no show. Having said that if it’s been cancelled there is no harm in calling and seeing if you can rebook to a more convenient option including LNER rail options, or indeed have it removed altogether (you may get a small refund for this).
Old Jul 19, 2022, 3:42 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by joallcroft
Just been advised that the second leg of our return flight has been cancelled- if we do nothing, will our first leg be cancelled too or should that be ok if we just turn up to the airport?

We're flying CUN to LGW and then LHR to GLA under the same booking reference and it's just the GLA leg that's been cancelled. I'm fine to sort out another domestic option, but don't want to rebook the Cancun flight as already made seat reservations etc. Would ideally fly the Cancun flight and then cancel the remaining leg.
You can ask them to just cancel the LHR-GLA leg and get a refund of that leg- I’d suggest doing it via Twitter. But it shouldn’t cancel in the meantime and worst case you can sort it at check in.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 4:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Ba should rebook you on another flight to GLA if the 1st leg is flying as scheduled there is no obvious reason for them to cancel that leg on your booking
Old Jul 19, 2022, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by navylad
You can ask them to just cancel the LHR-GLA leg and get a refund of that leg- I’d suggest doing it via Twitter. But it shouldn’t cancel in the meantime and worst case you can sort it at check in.
that's exactly what I'd like to do as just need to make sure we can get back to the UK! Great, will try via twitter, many thanks
Old Jul 20, 2022, 2:12 am

Programs: Mucci; BAEC GGL; (In memoriam: KLM Flying Dutchman Royal Wing & FB Platinum Elite)
Or ask them to put you on LHR-EDI if available?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.