Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Dec JNB flight vanished off schedule but shows in booking

Dec JNB flight vanished off schedule but shows in booking

Old Jul 17, 22, 5:58 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Colorado, US
Programs: LH Senator BA Silver
Posts: 150
Dec JNB flight vanished off schedule but shows in booking

I just noticed that BA 56 previously scheduled from JNB to LHR on 1 JAN has apparently been removed from the schedule. Yet when I go to Manage My Booking - it still shows as active with just an aircraft type change despite not showing as an active flight on any search engine or even BA's booking site. Should I be concerned? This is part of a JFK-LHR-JNB revenue ticket in First.
wfiring12 is offline  
Old Jul 17, 22, 6:38 pm
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Juneau, Alaska.
Programs: AS 100K; BA Gold
Posts: 14,576
Originally Posted by wfiring12 View Post
I just noticed that BA 56 previously scheduled from JNB to LHR on 1 JAN has apparently been removed from the schedule. Yet when I go to Manage My Booking - it still shows as active with just an aircraft type change despite not showing as an active flight on any search engine or even BA's booking site. Should I be concerned? This is part of a JFK-LHR-JNB revenue ticket in First.
BA56 is still listed as operating on 1JAN23 at ba.com/schedules and is still listed as operating at expertflyer.com; all classes are zeroed out at expertflyer.com.
F0 A0 J0 C0 D0 R0 I0 W0 E0 T0 Y0 B0H0 K0 M0 L0 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0 G0
jerry a. laska is offline  
Old Jul 17, 22, 6:51 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Colorado, US
Programs: LH Senator BA Silver
Posts: 150
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska View Post
BA56 is still listed as operating on 1JAN23 at ba.com/schedules and is still listed as operating at expertflyer.com; all classes are zeroed out at expertflyer.com.
Yes, thanks, both BA 55 and BA 56 are showing as consistently flying in December and January on ba.com/schedules but on many of those days you cannot purchase inventory in any class on those flights. They don't appear on the booking site for select days - including a day in which my booking is showing as active.
wfiring12 is offline  
Old Jul 17, 22, 7:35 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,011
Originally Posted by wfiring12 View Post
Yes, thanks, both BA 55 and BA 56 are showing as consistently flying in December and January on ba.com/schedules but on many of those days you cannot purchase inventory in any class on those flights. They don't appear on the booking site for select days - including a day in which my booking is showing as active.
I'd say zero chance your flight is being cut. Fares to South Africa are insane, sometimes reaching 2500 for an economy return from the UK. It must be the highest price on the network.

Revenue management has probably zero'd inventory out for South Africa (and maybe US) points of sale to preserve seats for higher-yielding ex-UK bookings. Some very popular dates might even be sold out, 6 months out.
cauchy is offline  
Old Jul 18, 22, 5:18 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: British Columbia
Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Posts: 6,387
Originally Posted by wfiring12 View Post
Yes, thanks, both BA 55 and BA 56 are showing as consistently flying in December and January on ba.com/schedules but on many of those days you cannot purchase inventory in any class on those flights. They don't appear on the booking site for select days - including a day in which my booking is showing as active.
Originally Posted by cauchy View Post
I'd say zero chance your flight is being cut. Fares to South Africa are insane, sometimes reaching 2500 for an economy return from the UK. It must be the highest price on the network.

Revenue management has probably zero'd inventory out for South Africa (and maybe US) points of sale to preserve seats for higher-yielding ex-UK bookings. Some very popular dates might even be sold out, 6 months out.
BA56 JNB-LHR on 1Jan23 is still available for booking but only from a UK or South Africa Point of Sale. It is not available from a US Point of Sale so you won't see it on any websites that are using a US Point of Sale, including BA.com if your location is set to the USA.

From a UK Point of Sale, EF is still showing availability. Setting Google Flights to the UK shows the flight available for purchase.






James
wfiring12 likes this.
Flying for Fun is offline  
Old Jul 18, 22, 7:26 am
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Colorado, US
Programs: LH Senator BA Silver
Posts: 150
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun View Post
BA56 JNB-LHR on 1Jan23 is still available for booking but only from a UK or South Africa Point of Sale. It is not available from a US Point of Sale so you won't see it on any websites that are using a US Point of Sale, including BA.com if your location is set to the USA.

From a UK Point of Sale, EF is still showing availability. Setting Google Flights to the UK shows the flight available for purchase.







James
Thank you, this explains a lot!
Flying for Fun likes this.
wfiring12 is offline  
Old Jul 18, 22, 7:29 am
  #7  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: SE1, London
Posts: 22,650
Our pre Christmas flight has been downgauged from an A380 to 787-9 which would explain why inventory is largely sold out.

My prayers for an A350 with Club Suite sadly not answered.
wfiring12 likes this.
Swanhunter is offline  
Old Jul 18, 22, 8:28 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 1,154
Originally Posted by Swanhunter View Post
Our pre Christmas flight has been downgauged from an A380 to 787-9 which would explain why inventory is largely sold out.

My prayers for an A350 with Club Suite sadly not answered.
I was about to say the exact same thing, although we're post-Christmas. Shame that on a relatively long flight they don't put on a plane with CS. Hopefully it might mean that it's more likely to be on time though.
wfiring12 likes this.
cosmo74 is offline  
Old Jul 18, 22, 5:42 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: SAN
Programs: QR Silver
Posts: 15
Have a look at Qatar. I saw a cheap fare that came out today.
bronco1.1 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread