FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Live from Gatwick (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2087301-live-gatwick.html)

Greenpen Jul 17, 2022 3:59 am

Live from Gatwick

Queue to get into terminal but well policed and moving slowly. Oddly, if you had not checked in you didn’t have to queue and could walk straight to check in desks. I was no checked in so no wait for me!

Fifteen minutes to get checked in (Silver desks). There were four or five agents but many family groups with lots of luggage. Silver queue moving much faster than Gold one.

Straight through security, no wait.

No queue at lounge.

Smooth experience today.

Greenpen Jul 17, 2022 5:32 am

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...a9842d82b.jpeg
Today’s champagne
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...189f899d6.jpeg
Today’s pie: chicken and mushroom

dougzz Jul 17, 2022 5:36 am

Entitlement much.

Never understand why they don’t take people from the front of the Gold queue at any desk until there’s no queue, then Silver and so forth.

PUCCI GALORE Jul 17, 2022 7:02 am

Originally Posted by Greenpen (Post 34433001)
Queue to get into terminal but well policed and moving slowly. Oddly, if you had not checked in you didn’t have to queue and could walk straight to check in desks. I was no checked in so no wait for me!

What? So if you were checked and ready to go to Premier Security you had to queue to get in the Terminal? I simply fail to understand that. Were all those people waiting to get through Security - it does not make sense,

TheJayHatch Jul 17, 2022 3:30 pm

I am confused - are there different queues for silver and good at LGW? Been a long, long time since I’ve been there without a BP on my phone. Do you mean first and club queues?

lcylocal Jul 17, 2022 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by TheJayHatch (Post 34434392)
I am confused - are there different queues for silver and good at LGW? Been a long, long time since I’ve been there without a BP on my phone. Do you mean first and club queues?

Yes there is at check in. All premium passengers go through the gateway together then there is a small A4 size sign directing gold card holders into a separate tensa barrier queue.

groenroos Jul 17, 2022 5:00 pm

When we went through LGW on Saturday afternoon, the showers at the BA lounge were still non-operational following the burst pipe - despite Gatwick assuring passengers on Twitter the situation had been fixed that morning.

Check-in queue time was okay, but I do wish they had sprung for a whole third agent. Fast track security was quick, lounge almost deserted.

Greenpen Jul 18, 2022 1:36 am

I wanted this to be a few live comments so just one brief reply about queues.

On entering the terminal from the open concourse there was a queue extending about two thirds along to enter the main departure building. In width it occupied half the walkway; the travellator was not working and cordoned off. Being England everyone joined it, the great and the good as well as the first time flyer! Staff were walking along the queue telling those who had not checked in to skip the queue and walk straight in. So, if you were a GGL for life Prem who had checked in you queued but if you were making your first ever flight to Benidorm, and were wondering what check in was and how you put your six cases into the aeroplane’s boot, you skipped that queue

Once inside the departure building small signs directed Gold/Silver/F/J passengers to those check ins. Within that area further signs and tensa barriers separated sheep from goats. The goat queue was moving much faster than the sheep queue!

I know nothing of Y/Bronze/Blue check in.

Door5L Jul 18, 2022 5:54 am

Chicken pie, mash and gravy in this heat? Looks good but maybe on a cold winter’s day!

SxMan Jul 18, 2022 7:34 am

Originally Posted by lcylocal (Post 34434462)
Yes there is at check in. All premium passengers go through the gateway together then there is a small A4 size sign directing gold card holders into a separate tensa barrier queue.

no first check-in desk anymore, of course – since this class is not offered on any services from Gatwick now.

adrianlondon Jul 18, 2022 8:04 am

Originally Posted by Door5L (Post 34435718)
Chicken pie, mash and gravy in this heat? Looks good but maybe on a cold winter’s day!

I don't know about Gatwick, but Heathrow was *cold* yesterday afternoon. The aircon must be on full.

CloudGazer Jul 18, 2022 9:36 am

Originally Posted by Door5L (Post 34435718)

Originally Posted by adrianlondon (Post 34436021)
I don't know about Gatwick, but Heathrow was *cold* yesterday afternoon. The aircon must be on full.

Gatwick was similarly cool yesterday.

Dicksbits Aug 3, 2022 3:07 pm

How's Gatwick looking on a Friday morning for check in? We've got a long haul flight, and would check-in the cases the night before, but our flight leaves shortly after 1pm, which is the deadline ... We are wondering if to stay in a hotel the night before rather than rush down to Gatters (90 min drive etc) for an early afternoon flight if the Qs are going to be long ... as we want to enjoy lounge time too ... We aren't flying until Fri 2 Sep though, so maybe the madness will have quietened down by then as kids hols rush is over?

bisonrav Aug 4, 2022 4:48 am

Just through Gatwick this morning. Check in for LCC flags is heaving, BA gold wing bit quiet from what I could see, fast track extremely quick. In the lounge 10 mins after arrival.

Dicksbits Aug 4, 2022 8:13 am

Originally Posted by bisonrav (Post 34485014)
Just through Gatwick this morning. Check in for LCC flags is heaving, BA gold wing bit quiet from what I could see, fast track extremely quick. In the lounge 10 mins after arrival.

That’s good to hear. Heaving is ok if it moves quickly. It’s standing in a Q for the best part of an hour which tests people’s patience … would be interested to hear anyone’s experience tomorrow morning - Friday. Checkin particularly.