Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Live from Gatwick

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2022, 12:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by pythonisman
The buffet curries in the galleries lounge actually look pretty decent. I've asked how long they hang around for before they get taken away and will grab a late plate.

Still have about 2.5hrs left until a realistic boarding time with our inbound aircraft just taken off from IBZ. Thankfully (I guess?) I'm no longer driving at the other end tonight as the car rental centre will be closed at 11pm, so doing the foolish thing and having a few drinks... At least I've banked a cheap hotel close to TRN until the morning!
been in the lounge 2 hours without a drink? that's some restraint!
pythonisman likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 12:32 pm

also oneworld lounge site suggest First lounge should close at 2000, sounds like they closed early?

Last edited by danmushman; Aug 17, 2022 at 12:32 pm Reason: my mistake
Old Aug 17, 2022, 12:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
Originally Posted by bisonrav
I'd head for Nandos personally, but then again I'm a food snob. And it's probably closed now.
lol - Nandos and food snob in the same sentence

That said, friends of mine with very good food taste do rate Nandos
Old Aug 17, 2022, 12:41 pm

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Apparently the club lounge closes at 9! I guess I'll have to move again unless they slide the closing time a little bit...
Attached Images  
Old Aug 17, 2022, 12:44 pm

So this is where my confusion with the OW lounge site arises. They just have the First and Club lounge listed together and apparently due to close at 20.00. I guess if F closes at 19.00 and Club at 21.00, the average work out at 20.00....
Old Aug 17, 2022, 12:55 pm

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Originally Posted by danmushman
So this is where my confusion with the OW lounge site arises. They just have the First and Club lounge listed together and apparently due to close at 20.00. I guess if F closes at 19.00 and Club at 21.00, the average work out at 20.00....
Agreed. The team member said she didn't know when they'd close so I figured possibly that 9pm is already an extension on what's normal. They've closed half the space, food only available until 2030 and are hoovering in the internal section at the moment.

I don't think it's uncommon for lounges to change their closing time based on delayed flights, but always interesting to experience it first hand.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 1:02 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Originally Posted by fluffymitten
lol - Nandos and food snob in the same sentence

That said, friends of mine with very good food taste do rate Nandos
Bathos, or variant thereof.

Though Nandos is pretty tasty in comparison with the lounge food. I'm also a fan of the grain store at Gatwick South
fluffymitten likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 7:00 am

In the first lounge now. Sparkling wines are Palmer & co, Lanson Rose and Hattingley Blanc de Noirs. Also there is/was a full bottle of JW Blue. It's a bit less full now.
SxMan likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 7:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by danmushman
In the first lounge now. Sparkling wines are Palmer & co, Lanson Rose and Hattingley Blanc de Noirs. Also there is/was a full bottle of JW Blue. It's a bit less full now.
how busy was check in this morning? I’ve got a Friday flight in two weeks time…
Old Aug 19, 2022, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by Dicksbits
how busy was check in this morning? I’ve got a Friday flight in two weeks time…
sorry we were HBO so missed check in. Fast track security was ok until we got to the xray machine and there was around 10 min delay when everything stopped. But got from train to lounge in <35mins
Old Aug 19, 2022, 8:32 am

Programs: BAEC
Monday morning for a 7am departure took about 20-25 mins from the Premier Inn at LGW North to the club lounge. J check-in queue was quite long and there didn’t seem to be any staff on the desks, so quickly reversed and went to the Y bag drop which was much quicker. Don’t go through LGW that much but thought the lounge was in much better condition than at LHR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.