Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Live from Gatwick

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2022, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Part 2

It maybe that reviving your own thread is bad form but I am flying from Gatwick tomorrow so decided so to do!

Although not tomorrow yet, I’ve started as I had an interesting car parking issue.

Went online to check the arrival time I had booked for short term parking and noticed that the price had dropped; was Ł84 (in May) but now Ł61. So, cancelled and rebooked giving me Ł23 for a pizza and bottle of red! Win!

Always assumed that parking got more expensive the closer it was to the departure date.
IAMORGAN, DaveS and Dicksbits like this.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Mystery buttons!

You can just about read them on this photo but in real life they were invisible! Went up and down a few times.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 6:25 am
Original Poster

No queue to get into terminal.

Travellator fully functional (apart from those annoying people who stand still on it).
Old Aug 8, 2022, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Some food:

Old Aug 8, 2022, 6:31 am
Original Poster

The bubbles:

I had to pause pouring because of severe bubbling; a moment later I filled to brim!
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 6:40 am
Original Poster

Today’s pie is ham hock and pea

Old Aug 8, 2022, 7:11 am
Original Poster

An A 319 about to skip over to Jersey

The Gatwick lounge is very nice as you get a good view of the comings and goings to keep you amused (between pies).
Old Aug 17, 2022, 9:55 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Just arrived at the LGW Flounge after coming off the train.

I clocked it at 3min 30 from getting in the lift off the train to arriving at premium security, and 6min 6 seconds until I was through an empty security lane.
It was chaos outside with queues everywhere for people affected by weather delays (or in EZY's case, sounds like they were cancelling quite a few flights). Arrived at the lounge and the very friendly agent told me "ooh Turin, I think that one's been brought forward". Winner, I think, until I realise she means brought forward from the extra extra extra delayed departure it was originally scheduled.

Watching our operating aircraft at top of descent headed *in to IBZ* (with a ~150min delay) and will see what happens tonight. If any non-status pax are in LGW at the moment and need a guesting, DM me. The F lounge is pleasant and deserted.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 10:53 am

There are some pretty cool scenes out across the apron with the weather at the moment, though I just found out the F lounge closes at 19:00 so was advised to order the burger before I moved across!
Attached Images  
Old Aug 17, 2022, 11:01 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by pythonisman
There are some pretty cool scenes out across the apron with the weather at the moment, though I just found out the F lounge closes at 19:00 so was advised to order the burger before I moved across!
Are you able to share current menu in the F lounge LGW? (I'll be there Friday)
Old Aug 17, 2022, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by danmushman
Are you able to share current menu in the F lounge LGW? (I'll be there Friday)
Sure thing! Please see below (everything in the middle sections is a subset of "all food". I was amused the Cream Tea was in the "Lighter choices" section though!

I had the beef burger for the first time. The chips tasted like oven chips, but the burger itself was pretty tasty and had a decent bite to it.

I saw the plant based curry on another table and would personally avoid, it looked very ordinary. The person who ordered it left it almost untouched. I've had the Beef Barbacoa at LHR a few weeks ago and it was decent (no way it is only 219kcal though!)
Attached Images   
danmushman likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 11:18 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by pythonisman
Sure thing! Please see below (everything in the middle sections is a subset of "all food". I was amused the Cream Tea was in the "Lighter choices" section though!

I had the beef burger for the first time. The chips tasted like oven chips, but the burger itself was pretty tasty and had a decent bite to it.

I saw the plant based curry on another table and would personally avoid, it looked very ordinary. The person who ordered it left it almost untouched. I've had the Beef Barbacoa at LHR a few weeks ago and it was decent (no way it is only 219kcal though!)
Thanks for that - I'm sure we'll keep the servers busy with a late lunch / early dinner.
pythonisman likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 12:18 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
I was through about 10am on Saturday, and it seemed that all the bucket and spades had panicked and bought premium security. It's quite possible that standard security is quicker sometimes, look before you leap.

As regards the menu, some kids opposite me on a previous trip had the pizza and it looked preferable to anything else. BA lounge food is not exactly covering itself with glory just at the moment.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by bisonrav
I was through about 10am on Saturday, and it seemed that all the bucket and spades had panicked and bought premium security. It's quite possible that standard security is quicker sometimes, look before you leap.

As regards the menu, some kids opposite me on a previous trip had the pizza and it looked preferable to anything else. BA lounge food is not exactly covering itself with glory just at the moment.
The buffet curries in the galleries lounge actually look pretty decent. I've asked how long they hang around for before they get taken away and will grab a late plate.

Still have about 2.5hrs left until a realistic boarding time with our inbound aircraft just taken off from IBZ. Thankfully (I guess?) I'm no longer driving at the other end tonight as the car rental centre will be closed at 11pm, so doing the foolish thing and having a few drinks... At least I've banked a cheap hotel close to TRN until the morning!
Old Aug 17, 2022, 12:25 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
I'd head for Nandos personally, but then again I'm a food snob. And it's probably closed now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.