Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Domestic connection via Train - now strike announced?

Domestic connection via Train - now strike announced?

Old Jul 17, 2022, 1:01 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Just to clarify then, do you get an advance ticket for a specific train, or do you pick a specific train when you retrieve the train ticket from the link above and have to stick to that train, or is your ticket you get flexible and for any train on the day?
Old Jul 17, 2022, 1:11 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA
Just to clarify then, do you get an advance ticket for a specific train, or do you pick a specific train when you retrieve the train ticket from the link above and have to stick to that train, or is your ticket you get flexible and for any train on the day?
You pick a specific train to get a seat reservation but your ticket remains flexible for any train that day.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

I picked a specific train when I booked it with BA but its not the same as a normal advance ticket as the terms of access rail state that if I miss that train I can get a later one, but I cant get an earlier train than the one I picked.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by taylorl25
I picked a specific train when I booked it with BA but its not the same as a normal advance ticket as the terms of access rail state that if I miss that train I can get a later one, but I cant get an earlier train than the one I picked.
Many thanks, that is very useful to know
Old Jul 17, 2022, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I guess that to me the question is about how the OP is hierarchising their two questions. If this is primarily about getting a new rebooking on something different, then I guess this might be a tough one though you can of course always ask, and certainly should if your train is announced as cancelled at any point.

If it is primarily about the risk of being deemed a no show if you end up not travelling on this, then quite frankly, I would not worry much. If it is because the train is cancelled, then this won't happen, and even if it is because even if it runs, you plan to make your way to Heathrow differently, then I very much suspect that just checking in will be more than enough to ensure that the rest of your itinerary is safe.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 1:48 pm

There is definitely no “no show” risk. Out of an abundance of caution you may as well check in and get the rail ticket - although I am not sure that is critical. But there would be no feedback to BA if you didn’t take the train.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 1:49 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond
Many thanks, that is very useful to know
To be fair with a little more digging Accesrails website is inconsistent on this point.

This page says:

https://accesrail.com/products/londo...stern-railway/

• Anytime tickets. A Seat reservation on the LNER service is also provided but the Anytime ticket is valid on any train that day. New seat reservations can be booked at LNER service desks.
But here says:

https://accesrail.com/products/londo...stern-railway/

What if the passenger misses their train connection?
The ticket is valid for the specific service listed and in the event of disruption or delay it will be accepted on the next available service, subject to availability. Customers may not travel on an earlier service than the booked rail service.
My guess is the in reality they are treated like an Anytime Single (and valid any train).
KARFA likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.