Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New flexibility for BA flights departing (LHR?) to 25 July

New flexibility for BA flights departing (LHR?) to 25 July

Old Jul 26, 22, 7:50 am

The CD4B above is not very in line with the email they have been sending?
I am travelling AMS-LHR-MIA / JFK-LHR-AMS next week and if I understand the CD4B correctly i will be able to change the dates for free. When I read the email I can only cancel with for a voucher (which I would rather not do because I booked a cheap first class ticket)
Old Jul 26, 22, 7:58 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
"Rebook onto a British Airways operated service on the same routing into the same class as the original flight or lowest availablein the same cabin."

I think I know the answer but still ..... If I were to rebook a shorthaul RFS (or a highly restricted O or N class ticket) onto a flight that only has full Y availability, does that mean I thereafter have a full Y ticket when it comes to making future changes ? If not, what is the relevance of re-booking into the lowest class in the same cabin; why not just re-book into the same cabin ?
Old Jul 26, 22, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by Tafflyer View Post
Yes, if DUB-LHR is available, which may be an issue now.
Am I right in saying I cant request a move onto an EI DUB-LHR under the BA flight number?
Old Jul 26, 22, 12:39 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99 View Post
I think I know the answer but still ..... If I were to rebook a shorthaul RFS (or a highly restricted O or N class ticket) onto a flight that only has full Y availability, does that mean I thereafter have a full Y ticket when it comes to making future changes ? If not, what is the relevance of re-booking into the lowest class in the same cabin; why not just re-book into the same cabin ?
I would not confuse booking classes with fare bases. You may well end up in G or S, but in any case you would not inherit the new classes fare rules or earn extra TPs either. Given the agile and robust IT of BA you can rely on this every time.
alex67500 likes this.
Old Jul 26, 22, 12:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell View Post
Am I right in saying I cant request a move onto an EI DUB-LHR under the BA flight number?
There seems to be a great deal of confusion between BA call centre staff as to what is and isn't permitted, in consequence of which some agents seem to say "no" to everything, others "yes" and others steer a painfully slow (but perhaps safe) mid course.. My suggestion is that if you can, you get through to the Gold line and ask nicely. If the agent sounds inexperienced and/or if it's answered as "BA Exec Club" (as against "BA Gold) - in which case the call has bounced to a different team - ask once gently and if it's an inexperienced or uncertain "no", hang up and try again, aiming for a more experienced agent.
Old Jul 26, 22, 12:55 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold

This BA issued flow chart dated 22 July may help you guide the call centres. This covers the current policies. There is more in depth information behind it but this answers most questions.
Old Jul 26, 22, 1:30 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold
The nitty-gritty for the current Book Away Policy.

Old Jul 29, 22, 2:59 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA CCR, BA LTG, BA GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver

Update on Heathrow capacity capping - 29 July 2022

Dear Partner,

We recently wrote to you outlining a series of actions we were taking in response to passenger capacity capping at Heathrow Airport.

Our book away policy is still in place for short-haul passengers, including those connecting to/from a long-haul service, due to travel up to and including 07 August 2022 who wish to change their travel plans. This allows passengers to voluntarily re-book onto another British Airways service free of charge to any date within the next 12 months, subject to availability.

Additionally, for any customer with a booking ticketed after 08 June 2022 for travel completed by 30 September 2022 who no longer wishes to travel, there is the option to retain the value of their ticket in the form of a voucher.

These actions are intended to help us remain within the capacity caps while reducing the number of passengers who are inconvenienced with involuntary changes to their itinerary.

To further support this goal and minimise additional close-in bookings which risk us exceeding the caps, as well as to enable us to reaccommodate any passengers whose flights are impacted at short notice, weve made the difficult decision to temporarily limit access to inventory on short-haul flights from London Heathrow, currently until the 30th July.

For technical reasons, we still need to permit access to BA office IDs / IATAs to allow us to reaccommodate passengers which consequently means that you may see some inventory available via ba.com that is not available via any GDS or via NDC.

Please be aware that the aim of this additional action is not to favour or drive last-minute sales via ba.com at a time when were operating within strict capacity caps and are encouraging customers to voluntarily move their travel plans to alternate dates. For technical reasons, were simply unable to open British Airways inventory designed for passenger reaccommodation without the side effect of also enabling some minimal selling.

We dont intend to keep this additional short-term measure in place a moment longer than necessary and will be reviewing next week with a view to lifting it as soon as we possibly can. That said, we do want to be open and transparent in that limited inventory will continue to be a challenge in all channels for carriers operating from Heathrow until the capacity caps are removed.

We apologise for the inconvenience this will cause and would like to thank you for your continued patience and understanding as we work through this challenging period together.

Kind regards,

British Airways
My bolding.

Search this Thread